The Silly and Tiny Dungeon Master Christmas Story

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You bunch of muppets. I just typed in the last 8 pages worth and it's clear that no-one was paying attention. Several people started talking and never finished. Others were unidentified. Still more became convulsed with pedantry. Shirkers! Whip! Whip! Whip!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Come on people! Let's keep it together, and bring it home to the big 100 page count! : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

My friends, a glance to your last page of posts gave me a chill... Something happened. Something is happening to you.
Reading this thread from the last post to the first made as much sense as any other direction I tried. You somehow managed a multidirectionnal, multilevelled language. Alas, 'tis some sort of pluridimensional maze that cannot be apprehended by human minds... Not without a twist into some unknown twilight zone at least... Some of you may already have lost touch with their true being and have become strangers to themselves.

Beware! Should you go further into exploring the frontier ahead, you might find what you came for, and never return. You shall not take the name of the Pinguins in vain... The Great Ancients are dormant, not extinct. Can't you see?! They're calling you, attracting you into their spirale trap! More surely than time feeding upon all matter, more surely than death awaiting all flesh, they weave their cobweb with patience, corrupting subrepticiously your thoughts with their inexorable will, with this power of before the dreams of mankind, with this power of before the laws of the universe.

You thought you were joking about pinguins but the Great Pinguins are really toying with you. Hold there! Do not awake the Sleepers, for they've been waiting for eons in the darkness for this very moment to devour us all!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

YES! YES! do not be afraid of the 100 page count, for the eternal sleeper shall be awakened and set us all free! free!

can't you see it*twitch*?
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

Or we might just miss the close off point again and be like "Uhh... End at 150 pages?" :lol:
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I am asleep in my tomb yet by the power of wankel enginses and mana-poop I bring to you a second warning: Do not listen to the Zyx! He has naught but your ghastly consumption in mind and will ravage your pitiful thoughts until they can bear no more than turnip juice. Dooooo not listen to the Zyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..................
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

Hahaha, oh man... Stamm and his chopsticks. That was terrible.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yeah, i think we are goign to the *special* hell with people who talk during the theatre
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

iis it just me or does the testosterone level shoot way up the second someone mentions Syra now?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

LOL, I was going to try and put 'showering in Ronseal' or something, but looks like its turned again
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yup, you see...testosterone city!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Testosterone is good for us hairy people
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

beowuuf wrote:iis it just me or does the testosterone level shoot way up the second someone mentions Syra now?
Syra, ...Syra, ...(sigh) ...
[ Daroou ]
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

But she exploded, have you forgotten? Not much there to get you going unless you're a bit weird...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Them Vi altars are remarkable nowadays
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

JCG, I corrected your last post slightly, as I have done several times in the past. When a person continues speaking in a broken sentence, you should still use a capital letter for the second part -- you always use lowercase which makes it tricky to read.

Also, I think the quotes have been ignored somewhere in the last few pages and people are speaking when they shouldn't be and vice versa. Those responsible, please correct!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Are we gonna stop at the 100th page....? The story shows no signs of coming to a logical conclusion, but I'm certainly getting the impression it's run it's course...
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

Gambit37 wrote:The story shows no signs of coming to a logical conclusion
....a logical conclusion ? I think that a logical conclusion is now totally ruled out.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

With the "Daybreak came" line I anticipated people might try and wrap things up. No such luck -- you're all utterly bonkers and show no signs of stopping. Well, we could just keep it going forever...!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Well, the overwhelming vote in the poll is that 'DM will live forever'....
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, why do you think i did that! i mentioned christmas and daybreak (for next day) and everything, jeez, come on people *sweeps floor* ain't you got homes to go to? *whistles and sweeps*

then again, i think that the alines come down with the penguin overlord at 150...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The alines? You wearing skirts again, Babs-wuuf?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

ooooh, matron! *does stretches* more like a tight yellow bikini
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

*ptwannnggggg* Ooof! Right in my eye! ...... Whoa! Nice pair!

of glowing eyes you have there.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, i'm trying to remove the mental image of a furry dog-thing in a yellow bikini myself now...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Really don't understand your last edit Beobabs...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Mungo Beobabs?

Umm ,the platypuss thign didnt' seem to scan with my word, so i broke the sentence up
soooooo tired, mayeb i was wrong...

congrats JCG..after having tp delete many posts, after having your grammar questioned by Gambit,m you managed to get the 100 page started!

woohoo!

*looks for sleepers*
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

I'm learning plenty of things with this thread, particularly in grammar. :wink:
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I propose that we lock the thread this Sunday evening. The thread was supposed to be a Christmas story and it's way into January now. I really think we've killed the novelty now and don't want to dilute it any further.

If no-one disagrees then the thread will be locked at midnight Sunday. And I get the final perk of rounding up the whole story with a final sentence, seeing as it was my baby! ;)
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

DM will live forever, but someway we have to close this story. We have other things to do, like...heuuu...playing the last custom dungeons or designing new ones.
A logical end is impossible. To avoid effects from the anticipation of the end, I suggest that Gambit picks a random number between 2600 and 3000(for example), tells this number to nobody, and locks the thread when this number of posts is reached.
What do you think of this ?