Cool stuff you've found on the web

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, yeah, i got the cannibals one playing it again, but yeah, i see what you mean, if you don't knwo the puzzle then the size is unplayable : ) the matches one is entertaiing, but really must finish tidying dm story parts!

and nope, cannot tell at all : ) eh, i blame the weather, i was grumpy at work
then again, it is work...
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

LOL @ Gambit... That's what you get from not using IE. :lol:

Size of a postage stamp indeed. It's not a full-window game but not tiny either. In fact, when I open my window all the way - I have a widescreen and usually have the window only half open - the game is filling out at least half of my screen. :wink:

Soooo.... done the canibal one yet, Beo?

And there is one where you have to get several people from one side of a bridge to the other. Now THAT is difficult and drove me bananas. hahaha
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

the bridge one i've heard and solved before, so it jsut took my brain a secodn to remember the trick...
yup, the cannibal one was e asy when i reversed my thinking...i'd been tryign to move the cannibals first...

and on firefox,. it is tiny! seriously matchbox size!
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

beowuuf wrote:and on firefox,. it is tiny! seriously matchbox size!
hehehe Then IE does have advantages. :lol:

And here is another site where you have to solve puzzles in order to get out of rooms. This is a cool site. You have to escape from the crimson and viridian rooms.

http://www.fasco-csc.com/index_e.html

And here is a link to 3 more strange places where you have to solve puzzles in order to finish.

http://www.anodeetcathode.net/games/
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

that's like saying being in a car has its advantages if everyone rides on the pavement injuring pedestrians...it would be much nicer if people just all drove on the roads like they were supposed to

*rusn away from poor metaphor*

ooh, i saw the crimson room ages ago...glad he added a new room...
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

And the second link has 3 more places to explore. I still haven't quite managed to get to the end at either places. LOL
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

gah, this room one is driving me just as nuts as the crimson room one did!
i can get a peaceful to the soul tone,. unless the wording is random...i'm missing something...somewhere....
hmmm....
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hey, Valdera, it's really useful if you leave links clickable -- don't bold them, and just leave the option ticked when you post a message. Thanks.

And here's a screengrab of how that game looks in Firefox, it's bonkers:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/matt_hill/ffflash.gif

And no, I have no idea how this forums bookmark icon ended up with my online banking logo!
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Ah... the bells.. oh the bells... LOL

A hint: You ring the bell when you have the incense, the lighter and the photo frame. You have to do something with these items and then ring the bell...
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

OK Gambit. I only made the link bold because I always fear people might overlook it otherwise. LOL But what do you mean by, "leave the option ticked when I post a message"?

Oh... and sorry about the image being so small. It's a real shame because those are fun games to play. :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh, there's no 'tick option' if you use quick reply -- as long as you start your links with http:// they will made clickable automatically -- I edited the bolds out of your post and now the links are clickable.

No need to apologies about that game -- it's not your fault! Just shows how easy it is to mess up a site if you only test in IE...
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Oh right... I don't use the "Quick reply". Didn't even see it until you mentioned it just now. LOL My links are all "clickable", I just always tend to bold them because, as I said, depending on the background colour, sometimes they are not easily spotted. But from now on, I won't make them bold anymore. :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Stumped by the crimson room! Got a whole bunch of objects and have unlocked the door but the knob won't turn. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

You opened the door but can't turn the knob? You got further than I did. LOL Have you opened the safe yet?

BTW, has anyone seen the "Yellow Room" yet? :lol:

http://takagism.fasco-cs.com/yellow_chamber.html
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

That's one of the clues in the crimson room -- gives you the URL of the yellow chamber. I can't make head nor tail of it.
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the red room. I myself got stuck in it. There is a safe and you have to open it with a number you get from their main site. Did you do that yet? The number never worked for me. Apparently, it's 5353 but for some reason I always got a different number and none of them worked.
As I said, I never got out of the room. And, rather sad, you have to pay if you want the game's clues... :roll:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

eh, there are forums around
had to use them, as i was missing one or two parts i would have never got...fiiiiiiinished though!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

for the crimson room, too long since i did it...you need to find a doorknob, i think...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I've played and finished the Crimson Room before. Unfortunately, it was ages ago so I can't really remember. Is that the one with the dead bloke (well, his skeleton) on the floor and you read his diary and it's about him and this girl going bike riding?
Oh no wait that's a different one. Crimson room is the one with the bed and the weird blue box with slots in isn't it...well I solved that one even longer ago but if anyone's stuck maybe you can PM me or ask here and I'll find it again and play it through to the bit you're at so I can remember and give you a hint lol.
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Check out the link I posted on page 3 - you get both the crimson and the green room from that link. And there is a link to the yellow room as well.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Aha! I applied a learning experience from hapland: some things must be done more than once. Crimson room solved, now for Viridian!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Trying to play Crimson again atm...for some reason the link on the piece of paper doesn't work any more, which is a bugger...
Can't seem to get at where I remember the battery to be either. At least, I think it's a battery. And I can't remember what it's for atm. Or where the other ring is. I'll get it in a sec...
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Oh... lucky you. So... some things need to be done more than once. Hmmm... have to try that sometimes.

Here is another cute game - not sure if anyone knows this one yet.

Just click on "Enter Motas", and when a new window pops up, click on "Start a new game"... :D

http://www.albartus.com/motas/
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Played that one before too :). New stuff gets added to it so the game is ever-expanding. I've got as far as the "Green Wall" bit but it was kind of late and the puzzle was annoying so I went to bed and haven't played it much since then.
But if anyone gets stuck before that point, give me a shout :).
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Anyone ever seen this before?

http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/yes/Yes.htm

Not a game, but still, rather amusing :)
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

I got as far as catching the human head in the mouse trap but then I got stuck.

BTW, I just saw there is another room I haven't been to yet. It's called "Escape: The Room". It's at the right-hand side of the link to "Enter Motas", but here is a direct link. Just click on "Play this game"...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=215251
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

You caught the rat (head) but don't know what to do with it...well sometimes looking at the messages at the bottom of the screen when you look at stuff can give you a clue.
Have you been into the room to the right of the bridge room and turned off the light yet?
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Nope... actually, I didn't know how to go anywhere but forward up that bridge towards the door. I don't seem to be able to go left, right or backwards... :roll:
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well there's a room to the right of the one with the bridge that you'll need to check out...if the door won't open I'll load up the game myself and check it out - it might need something doing to open it but I can't remember off hand if it does or not.
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Sorry Ameena, it was a little late last night and I wasn't thinking clearly. LOL Of course I was in that room - how else was I able to trap the "mouse", unless I changed the tiles on the floor.

And yes, I did turn off the light and did take those 3 tiles from the wall. But I don't know what to do with them and don't know where else to go now... :(