RTC CSB The mummie-doors won't open!

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

RTC CSB The mummie-doors won't open!

Post by Lunever »

On the Neta-way there is a door which is supposed to open if 4 mummies are trapped in the 4 cells before that door, but won't open nor will the pit close that is supposed to also be closed when you have those 4 prisoners? <br>It is a bug (I'm still playing V0.16 since I want to finish the game I started there)? <br><br> <p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Help! The mummie-doors won't open!

Post by beowuuf »

It's been a while now, but yes, there were versions that far back of the CSB dungeon that had that bug..., so i guess v0.16 was one of them
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Since V0.16 is not upward compatible, does anyone know another way to get on the Neta-way beyond that door, like a pit from another way that takes you there, or maybe there is some other way to get at the Neta-Corbum?
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Big-J-Q
Adept

Mummie-doors on the NETA-way

Post by Big-J-Q »

I trust this bug is already fixed?

And btw, has anyone had any luck finishing the CSB-dungeon? Is it completeable?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: Mummie-doors on the NETA-way

Post by Lunever »

Yes, the bug is supposed to be fixed in newer versions, but playing a newer version I'd have to start all anew, and unfortunately I do not have that much time for game playing, so I´d like to finish the game in that version, if at all possible.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

And now I've got an additional problem: I gave up the Neta-way so far and began the Dain-way instead. There I'm stuck because I can't open Lock 01 (06/06/17) (z/x/y Encyclopaedia) because I haven't got any gold keys left, the gold keys I have found at the Ku-way (played until the Dead End, that doesn't open) and at the Ros-way I spent all on treasure doors.
The teleporter at 06/09/14 doesn't seem to work either, or do I have to do anything to activate it (the floor contact one tile south of it doesn't seem to work.
Any idea (please, else I have to give up that game!!!)
Big-J-Q
Adept

stuck again

Post by Big-J-Q »

I'm no expert at CSB (merely a novice), so I can't offer you any solution. I think it is quite obvious you can't finish the game at all; So, you'll have to start over with the new version or wait for the v1.0, which, in my opinion, should come with bug-free CSB-dungeon. I think we need more players testing the newest version so that the remaining bugs can be fixed.

To put it blunt: You're wasting your time.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ok, after multiple tries the teleporter finally worked, I do not know why it didn't work at first. So I'm well on my way along Dain.
Yet I still need a possibility to get at Neta beyond the mummie-door. If anyone happens to know one, please help. <p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ok, ok!!! Since my savegame somehow seems to be corrupt anyway and crashes the game a short while after loading (I think it has to do something with having stored to many items at the junction of the ways) , the game really can't be finished.
I'll change to V0.19, allthough I'll miss my old party. Farewell Daroou!
amaprotu
Adept

Post by amaprotu »

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure you can import your current characters into a new dungeon game. I'm not sure how though cuz I havn't really messed with that.
- Amaprotu
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Well, importing characters from 17 to 18, or from 18 to 19 should be possible, but from 16 to 17 it is not supposed to work, and you can't simply copy the files into the dir of another version, it won't recognize them.