pour Lunever

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
arsouille
Apprentice

pour Lunever

Post by arsouille »

i am arsouille of the other forum of chaos strike back
i want know what is the difference between chaos strike back and return to chaos? is one game with all the levels of dungeon master and CSB?
thanks
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: pour Lunever

Post by Lunever »

Originally FTL (Faster than Light ;-)) coded a most marvellous game called "Dungeon Master" (DM), I think originally for Atari ST, then on Amiga (which I played years ago) and it was also adapted for Mac and MS-DOS-PC.
Some time later they created a sequel called "Chaos Strikes Back" (CSB) which was a new, very clever Dungeon with only a few actually new features. This was also coded for Atari ST and Amiga, but was never adapted for MS-DOS-PC or Windows.

Years later George Gilbert created "Return to Chaos" (RTC), which was not a port of the Atari Code to PC like Paul R. Stevens CSBWin is, but an entirely new code for Win-PC, programmed anew from scratch, it just happens to do basically the same things like good old DM did. This game RTC is still in a state of development and all it did for some time (until V 0.15 I believe?) was to emulate DM, later also the dungeon from CSB was added to RTC.

So RTC is actually a PC-Windows remake of DM+CSB.

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.