hardest, funnest, ever... kill?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dmologist
Journeyman

hardest, funnest, ever... kill?

Post by dmologist »

what arte some of your hardest kills ever? funnest(i.e. easiest 99% of the time)? anything you havn't killed yet?
ok hardest thing i've had... tryign to kill the "rhino's" wiht bare hands i tihnk. or the "dm2 Giglers"
funnest... well it's alway's fun to go to bat caves setup lots of minions and killing every single one and then setup so many that 2 seconds after a bat comes back it is dead :wink:

so far the only thing i havn't been able to kill is merchant guards...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: hardest, funnest, ever... kill?

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, you know your party is kick ass when you can finally take those guards out...four big Voraxes, two full suits of armour - those merchant's better not try to con me now >-) It's funny to see them run away when your beating them up : )

Hardest kill so far is that stupid little green vegetable with a beak in the fireball room...and as wrned in another poating, there was no reason to go there was there's nothing! I sat in a safe area but he wasn't having any of it, so I kept having to chase round and swing at him, then run away from huge fireballs...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i hated to kill the flying chest
i loved the green fireball-dude
but i really hated Chaos (or whatever hes called), because he is really strong and mirrors fireballs
i always love to kill all those trees
i kill loads of rhinos with bare hand to have superior ninjas (you really level up quickly in DM2 compared to DM), and before i kill "Chaos", i do all the shopkeepers :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It doesn't count as a kill because they are not dead yet, but the shopkeepers are funny. If you throw items at them, before they get to the switch, then they will do little moonwalk to avoid it round the corner buuuuuut will then advance forward to try to pick them up and throw them right back at you! It's all over if thy reach the switch and firball because then they are gone (they must teleport away too) but you can get a decent crack at them while they bend down to throw stuff, and are throwing things at you...

And I can't kill Dargoth...I only play for half a minute and give up - I'm up to about 3 minions at once now, so I haven't the magic to cast alot of guards to take them out (plus they still bug me)

Man, I used up all my money to squeeze out every last fury, ful bomb and tempest for my party and I jut keep getting side tracked, bored and so on...ah well...on day I'll force him through that odd tunnel thing you can't go through
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
blackmarch
Novice

funnest,baddest,hardest kills

Post by blackmarch »

I hate killing trees, giants, and skeletons because they leave behind bones or twigs that you can't do anything with, that pile up and after a few hundred are laying around in the game my computer tends to slow down, just a little...

I like taking out the rhinos with fists, daggers and swords, 'cause they leave meat and actually take a bit to take down and have a good regeneration rate. Use circle strafing with them, watch their feet, and don't take 'em on in groups.

I hate the green apple critter down in the fireball halls, mostly because you can't hit 'im with spells and he goes around pushing buttons..., but if you can pin him between two scout elementals before he activates another fireball, you can pound his guts out (and boy, that's one of nicest feelings in the world). also use guards only to take fireball hits nothing else, esecially don't use them for pinning the apple dude, as they'll shoot each other.

I think taking on (w/fists & feet) the merchant guards is pretty fun, just remember to stay at the entrance of the store since they won't come out after you if you're hit/kicked out of the store. you can kill the gaurds this way, but it does take a little time...
Pholta
Neophyte

Re: kills&ponderings contd.

Post by Pholta »

The best (funniest) kill I have ever had was killing of a shopkeeper. When you cast a fireball on him, he wants to press the little green button, but when you are quick enough you keep shooting fireballs on him, because he returns back every time...

You have to be very quick, because if he escapes, he will never come back.
The only think that I did not like about this was, that I could not get over the table to steal all the stuff in the shop.
gobleteer
Apprentice

Doors

Post by gobleteer »

If I am in an area with doors, I like to lead the most powerful monster to it and then shut the door. :) What a stupid way to die!
When someone makes an editor for DM2, I want to see what is actually in the back of the shop!
Sar Master - 1%
G! d- s:- a15>? c++++(+) UL-@ P>++ L+ E? W+++$
!N>++ o? K- W-(+++) O? M?>+ V? PS++ PEY? PGP?
T+++() 5-->? X- R+++ tvb++++ DI@ D? G++ e->* h! !r !y(-)
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Re: Doors

Post by Lubor Kolar »

I used GameWizard (or whatever was called that cool utility) and cheated my dungeon position so I was in the shop. There was nothing except:
* lever or button to activate fireball strom (seems to be like manual operated "alarm" :-)
* objects bought from party (if any)
* actually selected object to sell
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

well i get real good with minions I do atleast 5 or 6 MON guards before i get to the Axe Dwarf's :wink: Hell I stock up on bat meat and rhino steaks and sell those for mroe cash while waiting to cast mroe guards at mon :wink:

Re: gamewizard, hey do you have the offsets ect for that? I'd really like to use that for DM2 :wink: I got a dm2 editor but onyl for character stats.
Want to talk about Dungeon master, or shoot the breeze, come check out Dungeon Master Discord(not affiliated with
other DM series sites) @ https://discord.gg/5YzEcPT
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Post by Lubor Kolar »

I'm sorry, I do not have any offsets for GameWizard yet. I remember I walked forward and backward and tried to get desired location by GW's function "Decreased/increased" value. It was not so complicated.
Robikz
Neophyte

Hardest, Easiest, etc.

Post by Robikz »

Kills:
Easiest - guy in fireball room (i just hitted him twice times :) )
Hardest - Ghost on cementary
Funniest - Golem who throwes Pyro into fireplace
Funniest 2 - Shooting fireball at Bat when it hangs from roof
Stupidiest - Eye from Scout Map
Longest - Rhino with bare hands
Shortest - Bat

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”