Surrender your possessions

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Surrender your possessions

Post by beowuuf »

I was taking a look at the hex for it, and it looks like a simple pad that is 'close, needs constant weight' effect to the wall until the party stop carrying leather boots! Say this ain't so! Can someone play and confirm that the most complex puzzle hinted at isn't a big con? That the designers knew that the last thing you'd do is take off your boots? It has a delay of 2 in it, so it's easy to see that it wouldn't be obvious when the pad is triggered. And the possessions are teleported back to the 'supplies for the quick' area.

Can anyone refute this? I was thinking there were some really cool undiscovered hex in CSB...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

WHAT!?

Post by Zyx »

If you're right, then this is the best trap I ever seen!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Surrender your possessions

Post by beowuuf »

I tried it out in CSB for windows, and if you don't wear the boots, the wall opens up! That's sooo evil
They leave those boots there in the first room, knowing you would put them on to naked champions, and dump everything else first later in that area! soooooo evil
though means that elusive hex for a party with no possessions doesn't exist..in original DM, anyway...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!