wall objects (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

wall objects (DMute)

Post by Lunever »

when looking upon the CSB-dungeon from the CSBWin's mini.dat with DMute 1.4 I noticed, that often a pressure pad, switch or whatever trigger does not directly point at the object triggered by it, but points instead to some wall object like a wall ring or a Chaos face, and that is pointing to the object to trigger, so my question is why is that so. Is this just to confuse someone who want's to see the dungeon mechanix, are some values stored in those wall objects for later use so the dungeon carries some kind of in-game memory, and does anything happen in the dungeon when you touch those wall objects?

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: wall objects

Post by Gambit37 »

There are two cases where this setup is important

1) For counters
2) For super-delays. I think the maximum delay for a trigger is something like 7 seconds, so if you want something to happen after 21 seconds, then you'd need to activate three objects each with a delay of seven.

There may be other situations too but I haven't explored it in detail. Beowuuf might be able to shed more light on this.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, you just broke your own rule Gambit : )

http://www.cgfiles.com/cowsmanaut/forum ... .php?t=102
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I know, but I saw the post here first and replied before realising that it was on the other forums too!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Well, you know not many people do check this forum nowadays, but yet, the other more frequently visited fora do not really have a separate forum part for DMute, so I posted it at more than one forum without preferring one forum before the other.

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yah, there isn't really a forum that has as much DMute knowledge on it as this one...there are a few posts now on the encyclopaedia, but they are scattered and i'd hate to have to try and hunt them all down!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

It'd be good to have a DMute part on Cowsmanauts new forum at <a href="http://www.cgfiles.com/cowsmanaut/forum ... /forum/</a> . After successfully joining the new forum with the old RTC forum, it'd be good to join also this forum with the new one. I hope Ian will agree with this. I'll ask him when I see him in MSN, I'll also make this suggestion at the new forum.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”