Help with running DM2 on my Win98 system

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Dave

Help with running DM2 on my Win98 system

Post by +Dave »

I want to run my DM2 on my win98 system and I'm having a helluva time getting it to run. The main problem is I can't get the mouse (Intellimouse - the on with a laser instead of a trac ball). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

DM, DM2, and CSB are all dos games and run best from pure dos. there may be a conflict simply due to windows interfering..
hope that helps
+Gramps

Post by +Gramps »

Drake: When you say "run best from pure dos" do you mean that it is better to restart the PC in DOS as opposed to clicking on the DM exe in Windows and letting windows shut down and go to DOS?. So far doing the latter has caused no problems for me but if there would be a significant improvement I would do the former. Gramps PS-thanks for your e-mail help.
+Gramps

Post by +Gramps »

Dave: My MS Intellimouse does not work with DM2 either but fortunately I left my old mouse hooked up and it works fine. It could be due to having the MS Intellimouse connected to the USB port like mine is on my Win 98 Compaq. Maybe that USB is not recognized by the emulator. If you have an old style mouse hook it up and see if it works. Gramps