DM2 doors opening help

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Gorlab

DM2 doors opening help

Post by +Gorlab »

Hello I'm newbie at Dungeon Master & i want to play it. So i download DM2 (amiga HD) & a emulator (WinUAE 88R8) from the net because i was a rpg gamefan. After the install is finished (wuae + aiab + dm2 hd) i launch the game ( 2 days of trying) Ok it's fine but no music, i can't save & i can't open the first 2 doors from the begining ! I think it's the game, so i download again another version of dm2 hd. Yes ! this version install himself from dsk. When i checked the directory of dm2 i found that the previous version miss some directories. Good. But I can't open the door : - i have the key u found behind the sun crest - my 4 hero are ready to battle - i push the button of the reincarnation door - i insert the key in the hole near the exit door & push the button - i use the mouse to move the door, use the left button & so on... But the 2 doors won't open. I'm desperate, please help me to try the best rpg game (1990-1999) made ! Thanks.
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

I'm not too sure if DM2 is the greatest RPG this decade. It's definitely not as good as DM anyway. The problem lies in the emulator not the game. Something to do with the doors is not currently emulated on WinUAE 0.8.8 r8. However you should be able to hear music just fine. You'll just have to wait for the next version of WinUAE to see if it fixes the problem. I've been waiting almost a year for it.
+Guest

Post by +Guest »

Goddamn doors - never could make 'em work. My own dear momma, she said it wuz t'do with having flippers instead-a hands like an ordinary boy, but i always thought to maself - "s'more t'do wit all them psychoactive drugs I bin chugging since i wuz small". Anyways, I understand your problem son, and ah wish I could help. Here's my advice, though: check all them directories agin and agin. that's where ah fand all mah computin' problems. Have a care, sailors
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

sorry to tell you this but in the world of emulation if you miss out one something you can ge left i nthe dust... ok here is the low down for Amiga Emulation on PC: Winuae is FINISHED DONE NO MORE PROGRESS PERIOD. I don't remember ther exact details because it was so long ago but... the Original author or the win32 Porter has quit and said NO ONE ELSE will work on it...
However the now Cancled Fellow(the old Dos Amiga Emulator) has been "relunched" and now is "Project Fellow" a win32 emulator ^_^ it's been updated alot...
http://www.codepoet.com/UAE/
look for yourself... perosnally becuase i work full time and don't go to school I'm tihnking i might just buy one of these Amiga Forever...
and for your pleasure link to WinFellow: http://fellow.sourceforge.net/
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

wow ohld o na second... just read this form an emusite... UAE(NOT WINUAE) has released new Source code...
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~uae/
take a look yourself. So winuae is dwad unless someone else takes it over or something.