Is there a new DM in the works??

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+C64_VorTex

Is there a new DM in the works??

Post by +C64_VorTex »

Hi All,
I found this page on a link that originally brought me from the university of pittsburgh. I downloaded their "Dungeon Master Java" program and I absolutely love it.
One of the reasons I'm still playing PC games after all these years (was it 15+ years ago that DM came out, I was in my early 20's) was because of the IMPACT that FTL's original Dungeon Master had on me. I actually bought the Amiga 500 just so I could play it. It was only my second computer, after my 2 or 3 years with the Commodore C64 (check out my login name)! I sold the A500 in 1991 to a friend from work for $250, and alas, I did what I had to do~ that was buy an X86 based PC. Don't shoot me please!
Well to make a long story short, I've had 6 different PC's since then (I've home built my last three) and I own and play over 100 PC games!!
Just wanted to share that with anybody that gives a sh%$! Thanks
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

There is also RTC. Dm java is more of a heavy expansion on the theme where as RTC (return to chaos) it more a revision of the first game.

RTC is a windows based version of the DM engine with added things some eye candy some fices to what is thought of as bugs to the first game and expanding the very limited borders of the orriginal engine for editing purposes, which will alow for making your own dungeons etc.

Both are decent games but are both fairly different from eachother. I've played a hand in both so it's hard to not be biased.

Anyway, I come from the same sorta background as you.. c=64 around the age of 14 and then got an amiga 500 and DM in the same day when I was about 17. I just picked it up (DM) cause it looked neat and wasn't too expensive. I never expected it to be as awesome as it was/is. I went up the chain of Amigas untill I decided to take digital animtaion (about 2 1/2 yrs ago) and grabbed up a old 486 to get acustomed to the way PC's worked and then jumped up to a p200 which I still have.

I found DMJava and helped with that a bit eager to get my hands on DM again then found it as a download (the orriginal) and played that untill I found annother DMProject and helped with that one and when it started falling apart for what must have been about the 20th time George was thinking about splitting off and doing RTC. Agreeing that was a good idea I split off with him and offered any help I could.

I've been stuck here ever since. So that's why I built this page. Anyway, you shared so I did too. I'm sure you will find most people here have the same story.. some ST users (ewwwww!) (just jidding guys 'n gals) and some 'miggy users (Amiga) and even those who first met it (DM that is) on PC or SNES.

Anyway, enjoy your stay tell your freinds yadda yadda yadda..

Cheers