Perhaps some speaks german? Dungeon Master 2 auf Win XP?

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Computerlink
Neophyte

Perhaps some speaks german? Dungeon Master 2 auf Win XP?

Post by Computerlink »

Ich möchte Dungeon Master II auf Windows XP spielen. Ich habe bereits gelesen, das dies am besten über einen Emulator funktionieren soll. Zuerst wollte ich mir einen Macintosh Emulator installieren, aber dafür fehlte mir das nötige ROM. Jetzt versuche ich es gerade mal mit dem AMIGA Emulator, aber ich habe bis jetzt nur Seiten auf Französisch gefunden. Ich hoffe das Spiel ist nachher nicht auch Französisch?
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Sorry I cant speak German, but I get the feeling you are trying to get Dungeon Master II working on Windows XP.

If anyone can translate to german for me on here I would be grateful.

If you have the PC CD version of DM2 you can use BOCHS to get the system working using the post here
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=21006

Probably teh quickest and easiest way is to download WinUAE Amiga Emulator (www.winuae.com) and get AmigaInABox (http://aiab.emuunlim.com/) and get the kickstart roms froms from various Amiga emulator sites.

Then grab the ADF of DM2 from Christophe's site (www.dmweb.fr) and use the emulator to play it.

Sorry my German is a little rusty.
Regards,

Andy
Computerlink
Neophyte

Post by Computerlink »

I will try in englisch. I have downloaded the AMIGA-Emulator already. But I don´t know how I can start Dungen Master 2.

Do I have copy the 6 disk-images of Dungen Master II on disks? I want to install the images on my harddisk.

The AMIGA - Emulator works already on my Windows XP. The Kickstart 1.3 bootscreen or the AMIGA DOS could be seen. My problem is to start Dungeon Master II.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

When you start the emulator and get the kickstart screen, press F12 and then go to the floppy drive tab and choose the images for the disks. Then go to the "misc" panel and click "Restart Amiga".

It should then load DM2.
Regards,

Andy
Computerlink
Neophyte

Post by Computerlink »

At "misc" is no button "restart Amiga" only a button "reset Amiga". If i press this button I see again the Kickstart 1.3 picture with the disk.

Another question: Could I use more than 4 disks in the floppy drive tab? Dungeon Master II is on 6 disks. Or is this no problem?
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

This is no problem. I remember playing good ol' Monkey Island II on 11 discs...

Regards, PitD
Computerlink
Neophyte

Post by Computerlink »

I read the manual (http://dmweb.free.fr/DMIIDownloads.htm) again and I find out I have make a mistake.

Now I could boot the workbench and by cklicking of "DM2_SK-INSTALL1" the Installation start.

But a few steps later I get the error:
Not enough space on volume "DH0:" to install.

Approximately 11 megs of space is required during the install (only 6 megs will be used when the installation is complete.) This volume has -1594 megs available.

Press "Choose another" to choose a new volume on which to install DungeonMaster II.
What do I wrong?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

looks like you have done nothing wrong. The program does not know how to count. Seems like if the number is to high it becomes confused.

very strange
Computerlink
Neophyte

Post by Computerlink »

Should I take a another version of the AMIGA emulator?
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

In WinUAE you have to create a virtual hard disk (that is basically a file on you're PC that pretends to be an amiga HDD). If you dont have one, all sorts of weird stuff can happen when you try and access it and it isnt there, odd counting being one of them.
Regards,

Andy
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Oder Du legst Dir einfach eine MS-Dos Partition an und spielst DM2 in der PC-Version.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

can someone who is a bit more experienced with winuae and stuff create a harddisc-version of dm2? i would be interested, too. should be possible (i have a harddisc version of ambermoon i.e.) but i dont know how.

Post by Guest »

I will try it with the macintosh emulator again .... did someone of you know where I can get a Macintosh-ROM for download?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Install Amiga in a Box for WinUAE -- then you can install the DM2 ADF images into the harddisk -- it works perfectly.

http://aiab.emuunlim.com/
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

AIAB rocks :)
Regards,

Andy
Computerlink
Neophyte

Post by Computerlink »

I can play now Dungeon Master II in the macintosh emulator. But the emulator has an Bug so i can´t open doors in the game!

Is there another emulator then Basilisk II?
Computerlink
Neophyte

Post by Computerlink »

I already can play now Dungeon Master II in the AMIGA emulator, but the macintosh version is much better!
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hallo Computerlink!

Jetzt kannst du das PC-version von DM2 mit DosBox 0.61 spielen. Es ist viel besser als das Amiga verision. Mann kann Dosbox 0.61, finden auf dieses adress:

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/login.php

DosBox ist eine MS-Dos emulatorn, und es ist ziemlich einfach zu verstehen und brauchen (aber du musst die englishen instructionen lessen).

Vielen Gluck!

/Daniel (Sweden)