RTC praise

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Seeker19
Apprentice

RTC praise

Post by Seeker19 »

Again, George, thank you for creating Return to Chaos! When I was last playing DM, you were still talking about this program you were working on called "Return to Chaos". Life events took me away from playing or posting for a while (how quickly three years pass!) and I returned to find not only a new DM web site (thank you, Gambit), but RTC completed and working beautifully!

I've sicced several of my firiends on RTC, even those who never played DM in the original. They're all impressed, as I am.

Thank you,

Seeker19
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

As always, here here, couldnt agree with you more.
Regards,

Andy
Seeker19
Apprentice

Post by Seeker19 »

Now to particulars:

I love that I can play CSB (once I finish DM, of course) without the awful load times of the ST floppy, which I find more irritating with each passing year...

I'm PARTICULARLY impressed with the lighting of the cast spells: it's especially beautiful when you toss a lightning bolt down a dark corridor in the darkness.

I like the transparency effects; it especially helps in the Hall of Mirrors, making it look like someone is behind glass.

I'm delighted at the potential to have multiple saves without swapping diskettes...although, to be honest, I am so accustomed to using only one save "slot" that that is how I've been playing.

Having played the ST version exclusively for so many years, I'm also grateful that you've added sounds where there were none before, such as the "War Cry", blowing the Horn of Fear, firing a bow (!), and desperately groping at a wall.

Seeker19
Unlucky_Mule
Novice

Post by Unlucky_Mule »

As I remember it, all of those sounds you mentioned were present in the Amiga versions of DM and CSB. My Amiga is out of operation, so I can't check to be 100% sure...

UM
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yep -- all those sounds (except the firing of the bow) were in the Amiga and other versions of DM.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Yeah - but missing in ST. While probably bringing you closer to a heart attack I daresay including sounds enriches the game considerably if you've played that particular one before - although it's a matter of getting used to it as well.

Regards, PitD
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

The sound of the Bow firing is brilliant, I love that addition.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles