Retro Games, Lone Wolf Books, Music, DVDs *FOR SALE*

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Blimey! That #27 manuscript is up to £205!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4211329890
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I had greystar 2 and 4, and freeway warrior 4...should still have, somewhere behind alot of other books : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

BTW, I'm looking for the text of deathtrap dungeon in english (I own the book in french). Anyone knows where I can find it on internet? (I want to reproduce some dialogs with CSBuild)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I have a copy here -- if you know what you want, I can dig it out and type it up for you.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Beowuffyface: Magnamund Companion!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 86883&rd=1
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

beowuufyface - a disease where your eyes go wide and your tongue lolls out when someone offers a childhood sought after book in good condition : )

cheers for the link!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm tempted to bid myself -- it's in much better condition than my one! Gah, that could get ugly, you and I competing for the same book.... I think I'll let you have it! :P

I found another one too, but the counters page is missing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, don't let my beowuuffyface deter you, i'm pretty settled on not bidding too much more for it than i have now, so if anyone outbids me closer to the time, just go for it : )

*knows you may well sell it cheaper later, wahhahaha!*
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

hmm, it's cheaper and seems just as good apart from the counters!

quite funny, if you had placed your one on ebay too, that would have been three being sold at the same time!
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Zyx wrote:BTW, I'm looking for the text of deathtrap dungeon in english (I own the book in french). Anyone knows where I can find it on internet? (I want to reproduce some dialogs with CSBuild)
I would like to know as well...I want to do a comparison with the game made by edios to see if they're the same.
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

ian livingstone actually had a thourough hand in the game, right? so i imagine it would remain true enough
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hmm. I dunno. The game is supposedly based on the book, but I bought it cheap and played the first level or so. It didn't seem to relate at all and in fact was very boring. I didn't recognise anything from the book at all!

Might try it again at some point though just to check.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Gambit37 wrote:I have a copy here -- if you know what you want, I can dig it out and type it up for you.
Here's a proposal: you playtest the dungeon and when you feel a text is missing or incorrect, you report the correct text.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

hey! i have a copy too! right here! and a copy of the sequel!
lol, just maybe not the time for playtesting atm : (
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Nostalgia is a powerful thing. For a laugh, I tried playing Flight From the Dark again, nearly 20 years after it first came out. I got killed three times in a row, and was very bored. Didn't have the magic that I seem to recall. Best left as memories I think! :-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Flight from the dark is actually weird, it's just a 'get from here to there' with not much story or stand out stuff. I must admit to always following the same path when i played it, with sixth sense find banedon, go through the forest a certain way after that, go through the tunnel with the burrowcrawler, fight the goargaz, then on through the graveyard of the ancients to the city

The real magic comes from book two i always found, with the quest for the sommerswerd. And lol, i don't think i've touched the books for a while either -maybe best to leave it that way : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, I did the sixth sense path too, but got killed by the gourgaz on the first go -- crappy stats! I tried two different paths after that and was sliced and diced both times. Perhaps I'll try and get through the whole thing... you never know, I might even get to book 2. Still, something incredibly geeky about playing this again.. at my age! Blimey, gotta get a job... though that's looking hopeful! Not saying anymore in case I jinx it, but keep your fingers crossed this week.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, never fight the gourgaz without good stats! he's got a CS of 20 or something stupid like that! : )

yeah, i seem to remember the giak/doom wolf bit being painful just after there too...
personally, because of the chaos master and zakhan kima in laaaaaaaaater books, i think i used to ignore low scores, and later when i decided to do the books come what may, i got deent CS scores!

*keeps fingers crossed for...no reason...*
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

DAMNIT! getting outbid with the companion. Do i keep bidding...or walk away...
Time's running out too...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

eh, i ventured as much as i wanted, and got the max bid for all of two seconds or so : )

ah well!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Damn! Well, there are a couple of others on there at the moment you could try.

That manuscript for #27 went for £461!!!!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Heh, this is actually pretty funny. It looks like Joe Dever is actually buying up his own books on eBay too. I looked at his feedback profile and he's bought quite a few on there. I think he's buying them up, signing and stamping them with his personal seal to increase their value, then selling them on eBay again!

This could either mean he's desparate for cash (!), or that it's a way of giving something back to the fans in thge form of unique merchandise. I think he's probably just broke!

What a shame.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, too strange!

Who knows, if he raises enough he may write the last three books, or carry on the 'kegends of lone wolf' series
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Having seen a rare Lone Wolf with a PERSONALISED signature go for a hgh sum, I've listed my Magnamuned Companion on ebay just to see what kind of price it might fetch. I've put a high reserve on it which I doubt will be met, so that I can keep it. I'm just curious to see what people might pay for it in that condition with an autograph.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7905263479
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

and what happens if the price is met?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It won't be, trust me! But if it is, then I'm very happy for it to go at that price! :-)

You might think this is a mad thing to do, as it costs to money for each item you list on eBay, but I'm curious to see what it's really worth to people.
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

I wasn't aware that there is a PC game made up for Lone Wolf. I only thought it was in the books.

I just found it on The Underdogs site.

If you are interested here's the link: http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?n ... r+of+Death

I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it's any good or not.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Blimey, I never knew about that. I remember the old Spectrum version of book 1, but this PC game is news to me. I may have been captivated with it at the time, but looking at those screen shots now, it looks like any other side scroller and doesn't make me think of Lone Wolf at all. Nostalgia and imagination are powerful things, and I think I need to leave my memories as they are -- so I won't be playing it...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

i think i remember seeing it advertised ages ago, but then i didn't have a PC back then!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Gambit37 wrote:I have a copy here -- if you know what you want, I can dig it out and type it up for you.

Hi Gambit, Beowuuf,
I'm tired of working on conflux ii (in fact I'm not working on it since many weeks!) and I would like to make a release. But I would need some texts from the dedathtrap dungeon. Could you fetch them for me?
Here they are:

*The spirit girl's poem from the blue haze, about the pool.

*the poem on the scroll held by the skeleton, about the manticore.

*the anagrams in the arena, about Scorpions and Minotaure.

Thanks