Questions for CSB hardliners

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Questions for CSB hardliners

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I am trying to complete CSB with the alternate approach built in by Paul Stevens, that is removing all the items. I'm having problems with two particular ones; no. 1 is the chest in the last level containing a secon master key - is there any legal way to activate the teleporter it stands on? No. 2 is one of the vexirks a level above - DMute informs me the teleporter it stands on is off, so I'll never get him out of there with the trigger. Anyone knows how that can be reactivated? Coordinates are 28,37,9 for the chest and 25,13,8 for the vexirk (Global offset). Hints appreciated.

Regards PitD
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Re: Questions for CSB hardliners

Post by Antman »

These are strange and i never really understood them, but if you get to the area at level 8 location 09,11 you have to scare the vexirk with the square back along the corridor you came from to the altar of vi, he will die and some items will pop up like the mirror of dawn and also another vexirk will pop up in the same area the one you were talking about i believe ( this is shown in the latest CSB record). Next, scare this vexirk with the horn of fear to location 09, 11 on level 8 and the chest with the master key will appear when the vexirk dies. I think this was all part of playtesting of the game, not too sure though. Hope you haven't killed the vexirk already 'cause then you will have to start all over... Hope this helps
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The vexirk is killed on teleportation, if its what i think you are talking about...

If you 'trap' him, he is teleported and killed, and another one is put in to replace him...you can then trap that one at the other side
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Ok guys thanks for helping - I'll give it a try. Never would have thought of that tactics to release the second one...

Regards, PitD