was captive not designed by FTL?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Flora

was captive not designed by FTL?

Post by Flora »

Because I played a long time ago and I remember it was very very very similar much more than EOB or Lands of Lore and all the other.
I used to think it was FTL that made it.
Jenda

Re: was captive not designed by FTL?

Post by Jenda »

Is Flora M or F?
Ulmo

Post by Ulmo »

> is Captive a FTL game ?

I'm sure it isn't. I think I remember that Captive had a unique developper, and I'm sure he was the same than for the game "Knightmare" (have you heard about it ?)
EOBs and Lands of Lore were Westwood games, and have probably nothing to do with FTL either.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Captive was designed and programmed by Tony Crowther, who had previously designed classic Commodore 64 games such as Blagger, Monty Mole, Fernandez Must Die and Zig Zag.

He cited Dungeon Master as his favourite game on the Amiga, programmed Captive, made a wad of cash, and then released Knightmare using the same engine as Captive. He later made Captive 2 which was a stupendously weird game and didn't do very well.

Nothing to do with FTL at all...

The only games FTL made were Sundog, DM, CSB, DM2 and Oids (there were some other games they part-developed but never finished).
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello Folks!

I used to play both Knightmare and Captive on my Atari. I have tried to find Knightmare to PC, but it seems hopeless. Was it ever ported to PC or do I need to have an emulator?

Thanks in Advance!

/Daniel (Sweden)