DM2 on Basilisk II.

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
M.E.
Neophyte

DM2 on Basilisk II.

Post by M.E. »

I'm trying to run DM2 (downloaded from this site) on Basilisk II. It runs just fine. However, after I've selected my party members and I've gone up and retrieved all items from the room above (including the stuff behind the picture and the torch) I can't open the non-key door. I click on the button and it makes a clicking noise, but it won't open. Anyone else have this problem? The ROM I'm using for Basilisk II is from a Quadra 650 if that helps any.
Harkonnen

Re: DM2 on Basilisk II.

Post by Harkonnen »

hi M.E. the door HAS key, you can find it behind the wall curtain.
At least the PC version has it here.
M.E.
Neophyte

Post by M.E. »

This is the room directly above the Hall of Champions. There are only 2 doors. There is no drapery. There is only one key (behind the picture of the sun a.k.a. "Suncrest") and one keyhole (near the door with the green button). The other door (the one with the brown button) does not have a key hole next to it and the button clicks when pressed. The door with the green button won't even open with the key in the keyhole next to it.
M.E.
Neophyte

Post by M.E. »

So no one knows the answer to this one?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I have the same problem, and no solution, sorry...
There was the same issue with DM2 for Amiga because of a bug in WinUAE that was fixed in version 0.8.17 R3.
Maybe there is a similar bug in Basilisk II? After all, both the Amiga and Macintosh are based on 68k processors...
M.E.
Neophyte

Post by M.E. »

I was thinking that if they ever came out with a version of Basilisk that was based on a PPC ROM, it would work properly. I remember that my friend ran DM2 on a whole bunch of PPC Macs (but never on a 68k Mac) and it worked.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I tried a newer version of Basilisk II, and now it works fine with DM2 for Macintosh: you CAN open doors without problem.

I used:
Basilisk II v1.0.0.3 JIT for Windows: http://gwenole.beauchesne.online.fr/bas ... loads.html
SDL version 1.2.4: http://www.libsdl.org/release/

Note: With SDL versions 1.2.5 to 1.2.8, Basilisk II always crashed during startup, so be sure to use the correct version of SDL.DLL.
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

I'm thinking about trying this, even though I HAVE a Mac. Where the heck do people get the ROM images of these old Macs from? I doubt that most of them are using their actual Quadra 640...
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Yes, I will DEFINITELY NOT look there. Thank you for helping me avoid that. :wink:
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

There used to be a site called the BIOS House. It had pretty much every BIOS you could ever possibly want. Unfortunately, it seems to have vanished in the privy. I wish I'd had a chance to mirror it.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”