Game crashes and bye message (DM2)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
_SecretMaster

Game crashes and bye message (DM2)

Post by _SecretMaster »

Ok, I installed this game on a windows 98 comp. I really don't know the specifics, but whenever i load the game, i get a blue screen saying crash error. My bro loaded another thing up, this time the intro came up with the legends of skullkeep, then it craps out and says bye. How will i run this game. I played this game about 4 years ago, but then again i was young and didn't play the game how i wanted too. Now i'm ready the clue book again and i really want to play. PLz help, and thanx to all who help me.
SecretMaster

Re: Game crashes and bye message

Post by SecretMaster »

Sry to nag, but could someone plz help. Really want to play again.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Your PC does not seem to be compatible with DM2. Try to play another version with an emulator.
SecretMaster

Post by SecretMaster »

Uh, whats an emulator?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

An emulator is a program that "emulates" one machine on another: it reproduces the behavior of that machine.
For example, WinUAE is an Amiga emulator for Windows PCs. It allows you to run Amiga programs and games on your PC in a virtual amiga machine.
There are even PCs emulators for PCs! Dosbox is one of them, and it allows you to play the PC version of Dungeon Master on modern computers which are often incompatible with the original game. Dosbox emulates a PC running MS-DOS, just like in the old days of good old DOS games.

Look at the Downloads page of each game (in the menu), there are all the instructions you need to play and the links to download the files you need. Just follow the step by step instructions and you should be fine.
Richard

Post by Richard »

he is probly trtying to load it in windows( if you are try running to game from dos)
SecretMaster

Post by SecretMaster »

yeah, I am running it from windows. How do i run it from DOS?
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello Secret Master!

Just rightclick on the Dm2.bat icon and chose "properties" and then "Advanced" and chose that the game should start in ms-dos mode.

Good Luck!

/Daniel (Sweden)
dungeon.master

Post by dungeon.master »

Hi !

I had more difficulties to run DM 2, but now it runs (i have win 98 SE) :

-unzip DM2 and DM2 patch on C:
copy the files of DM2 patch on the folder of DM2

-unzip "DM PC BootDisk.rar" (you find it on download area) on C:
run it with a blank disk on A: it make a boot disk

-unzip "DM PC SBLiveWaveset.rar" on C:

- use non USB mouse (it bugs after some minutes; i change to ancien mouse : runs fine)

-shut down your PC

-put the boot disk on A: and run the PC;
give answer for sound card and when you're on A: go to the folder of DM2 and type DM2

-Good Game !!!!!!!!!!

Bye

dungeon.master