REDHAT LINUX 8.0

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Anders Larsson

REDHAT LINUX 8.0

Post by Anders Larsson »

Hi!
i'm running redhat linux 8.0
Is "Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux" compatible with redhat?
I can't get it to work, i get this error message:

[anders@localhost chaos]$ ./CSBlinux.sh
../../Chaos_strikes_back_for_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libjsw.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This seems to be some joystick package but i can't find that package for redhat.
Is there any way to make it work with redhat 8.0?

please send me an answer if you know someting about it,....... thanks!!

P.s. used to be my favorite games D.s.
Erik Svanberg

Re: REDHAT LINUX 8.0

Post by Erik Svanberg »

This error has been corrected in version 9.5.
libjsw accidently followed when I orginally copied the config files from another project.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Until Christophe gets 9.5 posted......You can find
CSBsrc95.rar at webpages.charter.net/pstevens1
Erik Svanberg

Post by Erik Svanberg »

Anders

Thanks for the report. I wouldn't have found this out myself unless someone had told me.

By the way, since I don't have RedHat it would be nice if you could tell me how it works on your system.
Anders Larsson

Post by Anders Larsson »

thanks for the fast answers!!

i've tried the new version (9.5) in redhat 8.0, and now that problem seems to be solved, but now there is a new error message:

[anders@localhost chaos95ny]$ ./CSBlinux.sh
../../Chaos_strikes_back_for_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libHermes.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

what to do?
Anders Larsson

Post by Anders Larsson »

i've got a friend who's running debian linux and he can't find the file libstdc++.so.5
Anders Larsson

Post by Anders Larsson »

this is'nt a problem any more, but seems like i might have to install alot of packages,..,,
Anders Larsson

Post by Anders Larsson »

this package seems more difficult to find for redhat 8.0,.., i can find db4 but not db3,.,..,

../../Chaos_strikes_back_for_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libdb3.so.3: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory
Erik Svanberg

Post by Erik Svanberg »

''libdb3' is used by gnome....
I have been compiling CSB on a machine running Debian 'sid' (aka 'Debian unstable').
I could try to compile it against Debian 'woody' (aka 'Debian stable' or the 'official version') instead, but you would still need db3.

Can RedHat install debian packages (I'm not sure how to make rpm's)?
Anders Larsson

Post by Anders Larsson »

i don't know if redhat can install debian packages, but it seems like redhat 8.0 uses db4 instead of db3,..,
Erik Svanberg

Post by Erik Svanberg »

I could try to use plain gtk instead of gnome. It would reduce the dependencies to glib,gtk,hermes,SDL and esound.

The dependencies should be ok if you compile the sources yourself, but then you would of course need the development version of gnome, hermes, esound and SDL. This might be a clumpsy solution, but it's faster than waiting for a new release.
Anders Larsson

Post by Anders Larsson »

okay, tell me when it's supposed to work, then i make a try..,

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”