RTC version 27?

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Me

RTC version 27?

Post by Me »

Dear George,
with all your recent replies to the suggestions and bugs sections of these forums, you mention implementation for version 27. Does this mean that version 27 will be released soon? Will it have an editior that can save new dungeon creations?
Thank you so much for your work.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Yep - V0.27 will probably out tomorrow...and yes, the editor works this time ;-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

woohoo!
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

There's too little Christmas (time) these days for soooo many presents!

Regards, PitD
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yay :D Looking forward to it! Woohoo, now I can make my own dungeons with everything in and play them...and hopefully get my dungeon to actually work...the one I haven't done anythign to for a few months as it buggerd up, grr :P
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

I'm sure the editors will help a lot in that respect, especially with the latest version of andyboy's explanations of how certain code parts work.

Regards, PitD
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Woohoo! Just downloaded RTC v0.27, made a tiny change to a dungeon (mine, not DM or anything hehe) and it saved :D :D :D.
Woohoo thank you GG :D.
Hmm now I have to figure out why I get a massive pile of errors come up in my dungeon when I load it when it was fine before...
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Hail to Santa George, bringer of noble Xmas gifts!
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
madeducator
Novice

RTC V 0.27

Post by madeducator »

George Gilbert wrote:Yep - V0.27 will probably out tomorrow...and yes, the editor works this time ;-)
Thank you for the wonderful Christmas Gift. :)
WolfHeart

Thanks

Post by WolfHeart »

George Gilbert wrote:Yep - V0.27 will probably out tomorrow...and yes, the editor works this time ;-)

I am very happy with the editor in 0.27 thanks! One question though everything except compatibilty which was explained elsewhere already works well, except one thing for me. I got 2 levels into a dungeon I was making from scratch and was play testing it. I put my bones into the alter of rebirth and when it did the fireball to bring the character back to life the game crashed. I feared I did something wrong but found nothing. I then loaded up the DM_Original that game with the 0.27 release and killed one of my char. Apon trying to bring him back same thing happened the game crashed. Is this just me or is it a bug? I never had it happen with ver 0.24.. Oh yeah one other thing when I set the offset in the editor and save it, it appears as negative numbers in my text version. Again no matter what thank you so much for this awsome editor it makes things so much easyer than Notepad even if I just use it for code questions...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Did you re-compile your dungeon with RTC 0.27? It's strange that you could load your save game at all - normally this only works if you compiled the dungeon (*.rtc file) with the engine you are playing with first - with all the saved games I tried he never showed them to me when trying to load any of them.

Regards, PitD
WolfHeart
Apprentice

Post by WolfHeart »

PicturesInTheDark wrote:Did you re-compile your dungeon with RTC 0.27? It's strange that you could load your save game at all - normally this only works if you compiled the dungeon (*.rtc file) with the engine you are playing with first - with all the saved games I tried he never showed them to me when trying to load any of them.

Regards, PitD
Guess I missed stating that in the post. I created a small dungeon, with the editor. I then loaded it up it compiled as it was loading it. it compiled with no errors and no warnings. I entered the game and selected four characters. I moved to the area I was testing and killed the monsters. in the battle one of my guys died. I collected his bones and went to the alter to bring him back. when it tried to do this the game crashed. No errors nothing in the log file. After duplicating this a few times with my map I loaded the DM_Original file that came with v0.27, selected 4 guys then killed one and put bones into alter to bring to life. It also crashed the game so the problem seems to be anytime I try to bring someone back I see the fireball and then the game crashes. I am running Windows 2000 Professional. I did not have this problem with v 0.24
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Sounds like a new bug (and nothing to do with the editor). I'll have a look at it.
WolfHeart
Apprentice

Post by WolfHeart »

George Gilbert wrote:Sounds like a new bug (and nothing to do with the editor). I'll have a look at it.
Yippy! V 0.28 took care of the problem. I am now able to bring characters back to life. it kinda makes an odd sounding fireball noise like it did with v0.24 but I think that may be my sound driver or something cause the character revive works great again.