Open Doors by ZO-Spell

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THOM

Open Doors by ZO-Spell

Post by THOM »

Hi everyone

I don't if this was discussed before: How make I Doors to be opened by ZO-Spells? I think they don't do it "naturally". Have I to switch a parameter? And which?

Regards

THOM
copperman
Um Master

Post by copperman »

Simply add a door switch to the door and frame. It can be made invisible to not be seen, although it can still be clicked. I would like to see this altered so that you can have doors only openable by Zo. Rather than having to add extra mechanisms to keeps the party away fromt he door.
Don't be scene or herd!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Once the buggy mechanics are fixed, you can have the zo 'cloud' open the door, can't you?

Didn't knwo you can still click on the switch even if it's invisible...defeats the point, doesn't it?
copperman
Um Master

Post by copperman »

Yes it certainly does Ollie ;) I found out when testing stuff for a new HoC and it mucked up a really nice little teaser. :(
Don't be scene or herd!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*scratches top of head*

i would suggets this is kinda buggy then, since you would want to have that, where you can remove the ability to open the door and button by simply flickign it from visible to invisible
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I still like it that Zo spells only open simple doors with buttons -- it suggests that the magic is not powerful enough for more complex mechanisms (locks, etc). So I would say leave it like that.

However, the visible/invisible thing is clearly a bug.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Oh, but I think it would be very nice (and logical besides) if you could define whether a door should be "Zoable" or not and (important) at what spell power level of Zo the door will open. I never liked the idea that a LoZo is exactly identical to a PalZo, except that it costs a multitude in Mana. That doesn't make sense. George already has rescued the ViBro spell from such a simplistic state, I hope this will be possible for Zo too.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.29