snes pad 2 PC

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

snes pad 2 PC

Post by cowsmanaut »

WOOOHOOO!

Perhaps I'm just lame.. but I just completed a mod of my SNES joypad hooking it into my old printer cable and plugged it in. It works!!!

I just tried play Dungeon master for SNES with the real SNES joypad and it worked perfectly.. quite a wonderfull feeling!

Now all I need to do is find some roms for some of the other carts I own like my Super metroid here.. ahh ... yes. :)

moo
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Cows,

I use an EMU called ZSNES and there is a little addon menu option that you can enable "SNES mouse on Port 1" and then use the mouse. Particularly useful in games like Cannon Fodder. You could see if that worked on your machine/emulator, I havent got my DM Snes working yet. The image comes up as white lines rather than a dungeon view.

More work required I guess.

A
Regards,

Andy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

need to use SNES9x to get it working.. the latest ver works wonders. Anyway, I wanted the controller for other games as well.. I doubt I'll play all the way through DM .. just not enough time these days

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

oh and if anyone else wants to do this I'll share the links and my experience doing it.. wasn't as hard as i thought..

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'd be interested, but I don't have a SNES anymore -- sold it on eBay. What are the best (& cheapest) joypads on the market for simulating a SNES pad, that could be configured to work with Snes9X?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well I've seen some pads close to the n64 controller for around 35 Candian. so that would be about 17pounds or so for you..
and you wouldn't need to mod anything.

moo
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Agh!..I wish I knew how you managed to do that.....unless it's as simple as modifying the cord to fit the Snes pad( of course I don't have the resources yet to try such things...but it wouldn't hurt to know for later)

Edit- My typing's going bad...I better start practicing again.. :(
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, here's the little thing I followed..

http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440/projects/snes.html

this tells you most of it.. though I had to make a little tool to check the cable for which prong went to which wire.

tool:

grab a reasonable length of wire to make the tool. cut it in half so you have one to touch to one side of the cable and the other to touch the other side.

take an AA battery put a flashlight bulb on one end of it and attach one of the wires to the upper part of the light bulb (there are the two areas of the bulb pos and neg) tape these in place. then tape the other wire to the base of the battery. Then cross the other ends of the wires to make sure the light lights up. I found sometimes the bulb can float a bit away from the battery and needs to be held down.

Anyway.. how this should work is you touch one wire and then progressively touch each of the prongs untill it lights up.. then mark the colour and prong number this way you will know what wire to solder to.

anymore info you need just ask.

moo