Any new dungeons on the way?

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I'm working on a pair of dungeons for CSBWin. One I think is finished, the other is just getting restarted...AH...started.
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Sorry, Dungeon Suddenly Delayed (Just incase you were thinking it would come out so soon)
Hi ADDF! what do you mean about it? did you loose your dungeon? what was the reason of delaying?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Dzien dobry Adamo. I said somewhere that my dungeon was getting there. Someone might have read it, but now I'm waiting for my other dungeon to be complete, and *growls* I'm trying to figure out how to do something, which nobody is replying to *growls again*
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

We're all trying to figure out how to do things, be patient.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

It was replied to. I'll figure it out sometime
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Im making the Epic Tauroggs lair (Has anyone already used that name?).
It will be hard trying to make it all original, but ive got all the time in the world, and Im currently playing CSB and Conflux 2 (No exams hurrah!), so ive got a whole load of inspiration, and all the time in the world.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I haven't used it.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I`m working with the "Dungeons of death" on CSB. I wish you patience on working with your customs, because it is hard to learn using the editor. I have allready spent about a HOUNDRED (!!!) of hours making custom graphics (unfortunatelly I`m not a good painter :( !!!)
Luckily I finished my sessions, so I have some time to work.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
Spoiler
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Adamo, that would be hundred. I can understand why you didn't know how to spell that.
and thankyou
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I do believe all I have to do now is add something using DSA and then test it.(My dungeon)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I also use a 'rolling' test in my dungeons. Thats is complete a section, add a teleporter from HoC to new section and test. So when I get to the final test game, I am not stopping and restarting every 30 seconds. You'll make many silly mistakes, believe me!!! Test and test again, and try to envisage every plausible scenario. And test again. And again.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I did do that rolling test thing while I was making the dungeon. What I'm doing is test, if I find something wrong, I write it down on my trusty notepad, and if I can't continue because of it, ah, I found a way to edit it. Hehehe
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Hehe, get a big pad... my 1st run through ToC used up 8 A4 sheets of paper, and there are STILL errors!
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

EEK! Yeah! I got junk on there from something I did at school(two sheets) and I already tested a bit, then got rid of it. It was actually a bit annoying! I kept on having to restart it when I had it on DM PC 34 because I had a room full of Chaos' which always teleported into my path.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

While I`m making my custom, I wonder, which sort of DM/CSB games do you people prefere:

1. big (20 levels or so), but "extensive", like DM with a lot of empty spaces and corridors

2. small (10 levels or so), but "intensive", like CSB, with a lot of fights & riddles and not so much empty spaces, corridors etc.?

thx for answers!!!
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I tend to check for secrets and try and map in my head, plus large areas can get boring to walk through. Personally I think intesive is much better, though the occasionally larger area is a nice diversion

But I don't think DM is that bad - it seems a long walk, but it is fairly densely packed (for example worm level) Compared to that other custom dungeons that have sprawling levels tend to feel much longer (I think because drawing what looks sprawling makes something much longer than something that feels sprawling)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I agree with Beo here, I prefer smaller dungeons that are packed with action. DM is still ok, but anything less to do and more to walk would be a bit boring to me. CSB is an extreme example of intensivity, though, and something that in its complexity and full-packed-ness is hard to reach again. I'd say something between DM and CSB would be ideal for me, but more leaning towards CSB.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I like riddles, but not as much fighting. It's still good to put some fighting in there, or else it might get boring.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

ADDF, how is your new dungeon coming along?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I actually did two small levels for my dungeon. It is still in its very early stages and will take at least a few months before it will be finished, but I thought I would tease you a little. :wink: I try an atmospheric and story-line driven approach here that focuses less on gameplay.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

.. which I have seen and am very impressed with! Also seen some of Beo's work - magnificent. 2 months and I'll have my new creation ready. Possibly.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Story line drive soudns really good - can't wait to see it. I don't know why stroy drive = less gameplay... lol, then you didn't liek the walk around/puzzle bits of Half Life, which were all tory and atmosphere, so this might mean it's really good then : )
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

er, run that through a spell check my old fuzz ball?!!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Meh...effort...meh...raining... *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Besides, half life is so right wing propaganda , gordon is such a tory name, and you are a FREEman, and it showing 'no, look, even if you are working class in a tory run society you too can have all the opportunities in the privatised science company, like getting to shoot people and save the world. And see how all the enemies have no possessions and stuff? Huh? Huh? See, it's saying 'in labour run country you will be bouncing around and not knowing what's goign on really and have to do impossible annoyign jumps and really feel a bit let down by their world and then there is a big fat monster at the end that is an amalgamation of lots of other people and he'll kill oyu with lightning bolts

See, it's just so BLATANT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

What on *earth* have you been smoking, mate?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

English air for two days : P
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I haven't been working on my dungeon lately, but I am trying to get into it. I've had a few things interfere with my free computer time lately, including company and now, I am not on the computer for free playing, It's something I normally do Sundays, but I'm doing it on Saturday this weekend because we have plans all day Sunday. Hopefully Monday I will get back into DMing(Did that make sense?).
PaulH wrote:Hehe, get a big pad... my 1st run through ToC used up 8 A4 sheets of paper, and there are STILL errors!
Well, it could be a Dungeon Master thing, being an older game or it's just you because I'm not finding that many errors on another map-makable game(make sense? I meant game where you can make custom maps), a newer game, which is what I do most Sundays.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

How`s progress on your dungeons ADDF, Trant, Beo, PaulH and others? Zyx, how`s your next release of Conflux? I`m currently working on 10-11 levels dungeon.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

My dungeon is just a great big nasty mess of raw work at the moment, about 20 levels or so which I am currently 'layering', adding bits to each level all the time. It will not play like 20 levels though. I have started sending bits away to be playtested, and feedback has been good, ao hopefully I shall have a release in a couple of months. BUT... I am still deciding whether to plunge headlong into DSAs. I am a lazy bugger.

Graphics are about complete, so on the whole pretty pleased with it but am not rushing.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Well I've started working on my dungeon after compiling my custom graphics .dat I estimate it to be around 15-17 levels. I'm currently trying to figure out how to do shops with DSAs. Also it will take time to balance stuff out and getting it debugged. I'm working on my laptop on it so I will be able to take my work anywhere I go.