"Hired Guns" anyone?

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MatrixCat
Neophyte

"Hired Guns" anyone?

Post by MatrixCat »

Hi All! As a newbie to the forum I'm just adding my 2 cents worth.

I know Hired Guns from Psygnosis wasn't exactly a fantasy game but it most certainly was an RPG in the classic sense. Highly recommended, though the Amiga version under emulation is better than the DOS version. To me, Hired Guns was a natural development of the "3D like" display technology before the dawn of the 3D FPP ie. Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and so on. Come to think of it, Ishar and it's sequel were something more than DM/BlackCrypt and less than Hired Guns...in a display engine sense.

BTW, anyone here play DM or the like on PalmOS/Symbian...under emulation or otherwise? Just curious.

Have Fun!
MatrixCat
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

I'm pretty sure we have Played DM on a palm pilot(or at least one of us here).

I mean after all we are deicated DM fans.

Oh and wel come to the forum! :) I Might Hired guns someday.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

CSBfor windows linux has a port for windows CE I think it is.. and has been played on a palm something or other.. I don't own one so I've not tested it but you can read about it in that area of the forums.

moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hired guns had some cool features, such as linkign character movement, being able to play the individuals in a party, item damage, moving blocks, and lemmings!
nikki sixx 215
Novice

Post by nikki sixx 215 »

...and shooting puppies
Selur
Apprentice

Post by Selur »

yeah it is best Rpg on Amiga machines. So I decide to write a clone.
I was writing simillar game like Hired Gun but ....one day it happend to me...my fuckin computer get burn...

F. U. C. K. the P.C.

I've lost all my.... .. data ... .. .. . :(

DAMN IT ! :evil:
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Hmmrr... I must say... the only problem with Amiga version of Hired Guns I have is the fact I don't have the Code Sheet (the game was never released here... so I had to get a pirate copy). Anyone posses that item of desire?
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

I downloaded it from home of the underdogs. What a nostalgia trip. Its a shame it gets tediously hard as you move through the later levels.
You gotta love those lemmings, and CIM, the robotic character, is one of favourite characters in any game.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles