Floor Texts (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Floor Texts (DMute)

Post by Ian Clark »

I am currently working ona dungeon using DMute. I did a bit of it a couple of years ago, now I thought it's time to get my arse into gear and get this dungeon knocked out complete with new graphics and texts. However, I have been doing floor texts (speaking pads) in the same way I always have (can't remember of the top of my head, it's written down somewhere) and some are causing the game to hang, can someone run me through it again please. The ETA for the dungeon is early February by the way.

Cheers
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Did you check the texts are not too long? Did you put the floor texts on unusal fllor tiles (like stairs?). Did you use original texts, or partial texts, or textmuted (=new) texts?

If you can solve it with Dmute, try switching to Sphenx's editor or Paul's (but there will be no come back to Dmute then)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The normal way to get the speaking pads in DMute were to:
a) place a wall text somewhere with the text,
b) hex edit the tile where you want the floor pad to be and put in the ident numbers
c) blank not delete the original wall text

if you delete the wall text, then thisi would cause the game to hang...otherwise dmute and textmute combined shouldn't cause a crash...
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

It might be because I placed it on the same square as a teleporter. I'll have a look
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

shouldn't affect it, but all things are possible...the game owuld hang if the actual teleporter floor object had been replaced by the floor text only i would think...

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”