Contributions wanted

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dungeon.master
Artisan

Contributions wanted

Post by dungeon.master »

Contributions wanted !!
You like this web site : http://dmweb.free.fr/ ?

i have found this message from Christophe :

"Then maybe you can help me make it even better by contributing to it.
Basically, if you have any item, information or software relating to the Dungeon Master series which is not already on this site, then I am interested. Please drop me an E-mail to propose your contributions.

Here is a list of the things I'm looking for:

Games
Amiga disk images of Dungeon Master versions 1.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 3.4, and Chaos Strikes Back for Amiga - Game Disk version 3.3 (I have an ADF image of this version, but it does not run with WinUAE).
There are no working ADF images of these versions because of the copy protection. However, if you have an original floppy disk (and manual) of the previous versions, you can still help. A new disk image format has been created by the C.A.P.S. project. This format (.IPF) can handle any type of copy protection and works with the WinUAE emulator. Look at this thread in the forum if you can help.
ISO image or floppy disk images of Dungeon Master II for PC-9821.
ISO image of Theron's Quest (Japanese Version).
ISO images of Chaos Strikes Back and Dungeon Master II for FM-Towns.

ISO image of Dungeon Master II for Macintosh (Japanese version).

Scans
Dungeon Master II for SegaCD: Manual, CD.
Dungeon Master II for Macintosh (both English and Japanese version): Manual, Game box, CD box, CD.
Theron's Quest Japanese version: Game Box, CD Box, CD and Manual.
Dungeon Master Nexus: Game Box.
Complete scans of "The Dungeon Master II Strategy Guide", a Dungeon Master II hint book.
Complete scans of "The Dungeon Master Scrolls" which is an updated re-issue of the hint book "The Lost Scrolls of Mount Anaias" (already on the site) published by Unicorn Publications in 1992.
Scans of the article "The Making of... Dungeon Master" published in UK magazine Edge issue 106 (January 2002), and also later reissued in a Retro magazine.
Here is also a Wanted page showing some bad quality images that I would like to replace with higher quality scans.

Other
An offline copy of the official FTL web site that disappeared years ago.
One year before the full game, a non-interactive Dungeon Master demo teaser disk for Atari ST was released to industry people and magazines. It showed doors opening and movement in the Hall of Champions. If someone has this disk, it would be nice to preserve it (as an IPF CAPS image if it is copy-protected).
People who have cracked the game and who can supply any details regarding the copy protection scheme are welcome to share their knowledge.
Scans of articles and reviews published in magazines all over the world.
An english translation of the Dungeon Master Nexus manual.
Scans and english translation of the Dungeon Master Nexus hint book published in Japan." (end of Christophe message)

i am a great fan of Christophe site, so i have managed to get some missing games and books.
i found some missing games (above, red high-lightened) but there is still much to find !

and maybe, YOU have the missing items :wink:

i'm sure that were is most to find on your treasury chests :wink:

please help ....
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I have
"THE OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE"

for Dungeon Master II SKULLKEEP

The thing is 140 pages!!!!!

I'm not anxious to duplicate anone else's efforts.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I also have the official guide (by Prima I think...can't remember...) for DM2, as well as a different (and better, IMO) version of the DM Adventurer's Handbook to the one on the site.
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I'd be quite happy to publish these two books if you're both willing to scan them. This would improve the completeness of the web site even more.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

There are problems.

There are 140 pages. A lot of work.
The binding is very tight. It is hard tp read into the center much less
scan.

I tried scanning. I pressed as hard as I thought I could without
damaging the binding. See the result at
http://dianneandpaul.net/CSBwin/page54.png

Perhaps a digital camera would be able to get into the
binding better. But 140 pages? Wow.

It is all half-tone black and white except outer covers.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I have two copies of that guide and might consider separating one of them to enable scanning of the complete pages. Let me think about it.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Separating the page would be the best solution. It means destroying the book in a sense, so it's up to you to decide.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Sure, I'm happy to scan my DM book...I hope it won't fall apart - it's a bit tatty and mostly held together with sellotape. There's...*counts*...39 pages to it. And umm...most of the squares of the level maps have been highlighted in blue 'cause Dad was trying to see if he could visit every square in the game.
I'll do it at some point...but 39 pages will therefore be 39 separate pics...you want them all sent as attachments in an e-mail (more like several, lol) or something?
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I can give you an FTP account to upload the images once you have scanned them.
Drop me an email and I'll send you the details.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Okies...when I've scanned 'em in I will :).
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

I've got the Retro Gamer article if you want that scanning (but not the EDGE one). I've also got two DM guides that I've not seen mentioned anywhere that I'm willing to scan - An Unofficial DM Adventurer's guide from Special Reserve and the Amiga Format guide (I think by some guy called Andy something-or-other), printed in the Screenplay cheat book (very informative but littered with errors including level 5 being printed instead of level 6 with the level numbering starting at 1. I do have the correction as well, printed in another issue of Amiga Format which I will also scan if required)
dungeon.master
Artisan

Post by dungeon.master »

Great news :D
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

PadTheMad, if you're ok to scan the items you mention, I will be happy and publish them.
Thanks for your help !
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Sure thing, I'm not home for two weeks though - I'm still at uni. I'll do it as soon as I get back. Do you have any particular preference of the filesize / type?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I realize I did not answer your previous post, PadtheMad.
If you're still willing to scan the things you have, here are my answers:
I have no limit on file size, and jpeg is best in my opinion for scans.
If you don't mind the large file sizes, I would be happy to have 300 dpi scans if possible.
You can send the files to me by email, or I can give you an FTP account if you prefer.