Do you want ice with that?

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Do you want ice with that?

Post by Gambit37 »

cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

ohhh.. goosebumps already.. where's my parka
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

wow, looks nice. the water must freeze quity fast to get such effects. i have seen a similar photo in a magazine these days and liked it, too.
Valderra
Artisan

Re: Do you want ice with that?

Post by Valderra »

Oh wow... a work of art. And here are we, moaning about a bit of snow. LOL Not that I am complaining - I love the colder seasons. :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Me too - I'd much rather be too cold than too hot - if it's too cold, you can always add extra layers (and be snug and cosy warm :D), but if it's too hot there's only so much you can take off :P.
The snow here is still pants...there was meant to be a big shitload of snow yesterday (7-15cm in my area of the country, said the weather forecast)...well, we keep waking up to a dinky little layer which melts by lunchtime. Woohoo :P. If it's gonna snow, it can at least do it properly and give us just ONE day off college/work/school...
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

That's exactly what I keep telling people - about the being too hot and cold. I hate the heat of the summer, don't know WHY people insist they love it. You feel sluggish, tired, don't want to move, never mind work, can't sleep at night... shall I go on? LOL

And yes, I live in the SE of England as well and we had some beautiful snowflakes coming down again today. Alas, they are all gone again now. :roll:
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Another thing about being hot - the impossibility to hold a pen/pencil properly as your hand keeps sliding down it. I hate weather like that, it makes me all sweaty and irritable :P.
We had a bit of snow this morning but I haven't seen any for several hours now. But apparently it's bloody freezing outside so hopefully it'll snow AGAIN tonight :).
So where in SE England do you live then? I'm in the Medway towns (in Kent).
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

We don't get real winters any more!

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/holmemoss/ ... on-ice.asp

This is Holme Moss, a few miles west of me in the peak district.
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Ameena wrote:So where in SE England do you live then? I'm in the Medway towns (in Kent).
Oh nice... :) I live in Surrey - Epsom. Most boring town I ever lived in. LOL But won't be staying here for more than a year perhaps - then we will be moving north of London. :D

And yes... talk about sweating. Last summer, all I had to do was stand still and the sweat was running down my face as if I had just been jogging for a mile... :roll: And then people call ME odd for liking rain and thunder and lightning and storms.... oooh... I feel happiest when it's storming outside. LOL
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I don't mind a storm outside, as long as I'm not out in it :).