Silly auctions on eBay

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Silly auctions on eBay

Post by PadTheMad »

Silly auctions are kicking off on eBay again but this has got to be one of the best I've seen. Proof that you can sell anything on eBay, or in this case, nothing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 77135&rd=1
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

trogdor shrimps has to get my vote for the weirdest i've seen

edit: HOLY CRAP! he's got $47 so far for it!
that's an expensive box you will pay $7 more to receive!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Air guitar on ebay? Who would have thought. It's only been done a million times before. One of them went for $25,000 I recall.... -- before eBay spoilt everyone's fun and closed it down.

Did anyone see the money programme last week -- all about eBay, and the reporter scoured Hastings beach for some old rope and put it online to see if he could make money from it. ("Money for old rope" is a British expression meaning that something is worthless). He actually managed to sell some of it -- for 30p!

EDIT: URL for air guitar story:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_82 ... y.websites
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am sure the person who eventually wins this will have zero feedback (new), and has no intention of ever paying!
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

what can i say, or do, other than roll on the floor laughing at the so-called item, as well as the 14 bids
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

If you look at the bid history you'll even see that this guy really wants it!

I also remember some other guy selling a 'Limited Edition Crystal XBox Box' and that eventually went for about £120. eBay said the seller had done nothing wrong and the winning bidder had to pay up. The seller only did it to prove a point to his friend that you can sell anything on eBay and made sure that the item title and description said exactly what it was - an XBox Box lol.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

There is a lot of genuine scumbags on ebay. If you sell owt, send it registered, insured as some people will insist it never turned up. X-Box box? Ha!
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

There's some bloody cheeky people on eBay, and common sense is the weapon against them. If it sounds too good to be true, it generally is - what do they say there's no such thing as a free lunch?! There's always one that falls for it though, every time!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

If in doubt, don't bother. Or make sure they have a valid address you can check, so if it goes pear shaped you can then visit them with your Hardcleave.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

I prefer to use my Diamond Edge but it's all down to personal preference really... ;)
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

I like to use the Inquisitor because NOOOOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION !!!!! :lol: