Football (refuse to call it 'Soccer', blech)

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lee
Artisan

Football (refuse to call it 'Soccer', blech)

Post by Lee »

:D

If you like football, let us know who you support and why.

If you don't... don't! But also say why :P

Me = West Ham, because I was born and raised in East London and live on the doorstep of Upton Park (their stadium, which is awesome now BTW).
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I support Sheffield Wednesday, and hopefully they will win their match tonight and get through the play offs to the Championship!

I have lived in Sheffield for a long time and being an Owls fan has passed down through the family. Also one of the 1st clubs in the country with a great tradition, good fan base and excellent stadium.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Though I live near Hamburg, I support Bayern Munich ever since I can remember. This is especially interesting since people from the north of Germany (like Hamburg) usually don't get along very well with those from the south (like Munich). Still, I'd like to see some changes in German football, since Bayern just won the fifth championship in the past 7 years... I tend to support other teams based on their current playstyle; it used to be Borussia Dortmund a few years ago, and today it is mainly VfB Stuttgart.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I've been a regular Southampton supporter for the last 20 years. I may not be quite so "regular" on Sunday for the Man U game... I thought that crapping myself on the last day of the season was a thing of the past after getting a new stadium, finishing 8th, reaching the FA cup final etc. But it's all gone down the bog this season.

The Man U fans were all chanting "We'll be back to send you down" after they stuffed us in the FA cup. Seems they could be right. Perhaps a few choruses of "Malcom Glazer's Red and White Army" would be a suitable riposte?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

You never know Des, we could be playing your lot next season!!!
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Indeed you may Paul, indeed you may! It's 1-0 to yous lot as I type.

But as much as I'd love to travel to Hillsborough again for the opening day of the season and beat you 1-0 (albeit, without the services of Ian Wright lol), I think we'll be missing eachother next season :wink:
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

@ Trantor:

Don't Stuttgart have Bora Zivkovic now? I used to always buy him when I played Championship Manager 97/98 :D
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

We're a team on the up! Premiership in 5 seasons I reckon...
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

I'm still bitter about ever being OUT of the Premiership! It's like we just belong...

Especially losing Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe, Joe Cole & Glen Johnson only to see the latest England squad contains all 4 :roll:

Damn finances to hell.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Waah! I'm so depressed I'm going to end it all.
Stand in front of the wall...
Mon Ful Ir....
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

.... bugger I'm still alive. Looks like I'll have to finish that custom dungeon after all.
Diriyando
Novice

Post by Diriyando »

I live in Munich since October, but i still support Eintracht Frankfurt - i think my profile still says, i live in Frankfurt... i'll change it... later...
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

COME ON YOU BEEEEEEUATIES!!!

West Ham back in the play-off final with a GREAT display against Ipswich capped with an absolutely superb set-up from Harewood and finish from Zamora.

Haha! :D
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

GET IN THERE YOU OWLS!

WOOHOOO!

The championship here we come
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

LOL congrats Paul, I forgot about that. Hopefully we won't be seeing you next season though :P

0-0 at Half-Time..... *chews nails*

Better side though so far :mrgreen:
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Excuse me while I cry my tears of joy and overcome my emotional rollercoaster with a beer or twenty.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Its a nice feeling... :-)

Especially when we stuff Southampton next season (who were relegated) and coincidently sacked Paul Sturrock who has just guided the Owls up!

But well done Hammers!