Couple of minor problems

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Froud
Artisan

Couple of minor problems

Post by Froud »

Ive been carting the magnifying glass round. Not found any use for it yet. Does this have a function ?

What key opens the door in the Cistern ?

Oh yeah. In the Neta path . Past where you trap the skeleton theres a place where you pick up a shield and get fire balled. further down by the gold key lock a giggler appeared the first time I was there through a false wall. Never been able to pass this wall since. How is this accessed and is there any thing of interest through there ?

Thanks
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

The magnifier has no purpose as far as I know.

The wooden door in the Cistern can be openend by a fireball, if I remember. Behind there is a pit that leads to the Junction of the Ways (I think; it might also lead to level 10, not quite sure). The place you can see on the other side of the pit actually belongs to the ROS way. The way out of the cistern is an illusionary wall next to the door, though.

As far as I know, the wall behind you opens when you look at the gold lock. It might be necessary for the giggler to be alive. Entering there is only useful if the giggler stole an item from you, as the only way out is a teleporter (there might be two of them) that leads you back to a place you have already been (no idea where exactly - before the DDD, Junction, somewhere completely else? Can't remember, sorry). In other words, you don't miss anything if you don't go there.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thanks Trantor

Im fine with the door leading in which was duly fireballed and had found the false wll ok. But there is another door within the Cistern which seems to open into a small room. ( I see from looking through the door) This is the one I cant open. There is a brown lock. Cant give coordinates Im afraid as Im playing RTC version. (Or can I ?)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I just looked at the dungeon via CSBuild. The room you are referring to can be opened by an Onyx Key. However, it seems to only contain a FUL bomb. I don't think I ever opened that door...
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thx again

Got LOADS of spare keys of all types. The only exception being an onyx key ! Still, no great need of any more ful bombs so that door can ignored. At least for the time being.