Disappearing keys? (CSBwin)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Disappearing keys? (CSBwin)

Post by PaulH »

Trantor has discovered a very odd occurance in the Black Flame dungeon. Some keys have completely vanished! The keys in question are the Ruby key, renamed Jade key as carried by the muncher at 06(09,22), and the Master key at 08(26,10).

Trantor had reached level 6 but no Jade key to be found. It had vanished. The dungeon.dat shows it to be there though: Trantors save meanwhile shows there is no Jade key on this level, only the one on the unused level14. After editing, he informs me that the Master key was not present in its position either. His save shows that no Master keys exist.

Version as in link to dungeon.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is an 'important' bit you can set, that stops the engine from removing items when in long games (which is what happened to itmes dropped by monsters, etc in long games). CSBuild lets you set these bits, go check them out and you will probably find for whatever reaso nthese items don't have it chekced

I remember a similar thing happening with one of Sphenx's DMBuilt dungoens, half his items disappeared as by default the flag wasn't set...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Nice one... but they are ticked! I am totally stumped.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL, in that case it is a bug...tried re-ticking them for fun? : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Beo is right but items removal should only occur once you reach huge amounts of items in the game.

Edit the savegame, go to View->ObjectCounts to check if you reached 1000's of items.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Item count seems fine, all within limits. Incidently I have not recreated this bug myself.

*checks date. Not April 1st. Thats good*

Trantor, were you using the EXACT same files as in the downloads? Rather than later CSBWin versions?
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

May I see the savegame, please?

Is the Muncher still there? And the key is gone
from his possessions? That would be STRANGE.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Unless somebody else can recreate this, then sadly it will have to be left as I just cannot fathom out why it happened!