And/Or gates (with example)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

And/Or gates (with example)

Post by beowuuf »

A clear, concise explaination of And/Or gates from http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 039388a0cf with an example of a puzzle needing coins from two sources - b
Zyx wrote:I'll try to explain in not too logical terms...
And/OR gates have 4 entries than can be ON or OFF.
When OFF, an entry has a value of 0.
The North entry has a value of 1 when ON.
The East entry has a value of 2 when ON.
The South entry has a value of 4 when ON.
The West entry has a value of 8 when ON.

This gives you 16 possible sums, from 0 (everything OFF) to 15 (everything ON).

Set the initial value to 0, so everything is OFF.
Set the target value to 7, so the AND/OR gate will be activated when north, east and south entries are set to ON.
The action, if Equal, should be "Set".
Target the trick wall.

Now, create a pushbutton, displayed as a Coin Slot, operated by coin that will remove the item, working once, targetting the AND/OR gate on NORTH, with a SET message.
Add another pushbutton on the same wall, displayed as a Coin Slot, operated by coin that will remove the item, working once, targetting the AND/OR gate on EAST, with a SET message.
This will do the double coin slot.

Finally, create a 3rd pushbutton on another wall, displayed as a Coin Slot, operated by coin that will remove the item, working once, targetting the AND/OR gate on SOUTH, with a SET message.
Last edited by beowuuf on Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Years ago I put quite a long description at:
http://www.dianneandpaul.net/CSBwin/doc ... _Gate.html

May I add your 'alternate explanation' to the end of that?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Sure. You should add the context:
"How to remove a trick wall with an and/or gate, with the condition of putting 2 coins on a slot coin plus 1 coin on another slot ? "
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

May I add your 'alternate explanation' to the end of that?
Could You please add a line of text with the values of entries in and/or gate (down the "Edit And/Or Gate" screen) in the next release of CSbuild?
(something like that: "values: north=1, east=2, south=4, west=8" down the And/Or Gate screen)

Down of the "Edit Push Button" screen, there`s allready a line of text saying "Set Opens Doors, Opens Pits, Enables Teleporters, and Opens False Walls". That simple line helped me A LOT working on CSbuild. I`m sure line with these values would help NEW CSbuild users a lot, who don`t know that yet, without asking you on the forum.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)