About Lord Chaos

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
DragonsLover
Craftsman

About Lord Chaos

Post by DragonsLover »

Two things:

1. Is it normal that when I fuse Lord Chaos in RTC, it disappears and the game won't stop?

2. In DM and RTC, is it necessary to put Flux cages around Lord Chaos before fusing it? I meant, when I played the normal Dungeon Master, I just standed in front of Lord Chaos and selected Fuse to finish the game. No cages needed! Is it normal?

Thanks for your answers!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. No it is not normal - what game version are you using (or are you using a cloned lord chaos)?

2. Yes it is. Do yopu mean in PC DM that you could just block Chaos in an alcove and fuse him? If so, you are wrong - I thought this exact same thing too and added that functionality to my CSBwin fusing, and it turned out I had misremembered - with so many fluxcages about it hadn't worked liek that ever, even though I remember being able to do it. IF you mean you can do that in RTC, it is a difference, but an acceptable difference as I think if a wall can block him, why not the party!
DragonsLover
Craftsman

Post by DragonsLover »

1. It's the last version: v0.34. But I used a saved game from an older version.

2. The "Yes it is!" is for the "Is it necessary" or "Is it normal" quesion?
Glorfindel
Novice

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm unable to fluxcage Lord Chaos and fuse him :?

Simple, he kill me instantly :cry:

Please, help me :cry: :cry:
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

In V0.34 (*), if you fuse chaos and he isn't surrounded by fluxcages / walls / party then he teleports himself to another part of the room - he'll be there somewhere...

Once you've found him, surround him with fluxcages / walls / party on all 4 sides (so he can't teleport away), hit fuse and you're done.

----------------------------

(*) For V0.35 and later, when you try and fuse him and he isn't blocked, he'll just move a single square away so you can herd him into a corner by careful use of fusing.