time for me to make my own dungeon...

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

time for me to make my own dungeon...

Post by Sera »

yup, you heard, but one thing is that i dont know how to on the csb win sort of programs, so if you have a dungeon making program for newbies, or even offer to help in the creation of the dungeon, then by all means id be most grateful.

basically all it is, is that you areforcefully thrown into a dungeon to recover an ancient artifact, with 1 to 4 adventurers you must find the artifact and return to the beginning of the dungeon with it, and the good thing is that the artifact is in the next room to the start of the champion selection area, so open the door and claim that artifact from the alcove, sounds easy? youll have to wait and see ;)
Immortal Dungeoneer.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Have you looked into RTC? That has an graphical editor, point-and-click basically, that's quite simple to use if you know how the dungeons work.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah RTC editor is really straightforward to use and not hard to figure out...I have no clue about the CSBWin editor but from what I've heard it all sounds horribly complicated...though you can do more with it than the RTC one as far as I know...
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

fun, well ill do it there then, as for the idea of a dungeon of my own, any opinions or comments?
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I would also recommend RTC. It's probably the best for a newbie at dungeon making. My enthusiasm for the RTC editor, that is, the one that comes with RTC, is a lot more guarded: it has a lot of serious bugs, so, back up your work often, because it will crash if you're designing a dungeon of any sophistication at all. (And if you're not, then why bother! :wink: )[/b]
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Sounds like a good idea, although that is pretty much the same as the second ending to the Original DM. If you implement it with good puzzles, monsters etc. it'll be fine - just make it fun to play :)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Actually, allow me to amend my guarded enthusiasm to a complete negative: The RTC editor will not only crash, it will screw up your dungeon. Be extremely careful with it. Avoid using it if at all possible-- there's another one for java out there, it might be better.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Good luck, need some new dungeons to play. But i would recommend using CSBuild, after using it for a while it becomes very straight foward, you could easily recreate a dungeon like DM for example and if you learn to use DSAs you can do almost anything you want to.
Also, i dont like playing RTC and i havent played any RTC dungeons because of that, but thats just me.
Oh yeah, and i like the sound of your dungeon so far, pit traps infront of the artifact maybe? :)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i suggest CSBbuild : it's hard to understand at first attempt, but if you plan to keep DM original gameplay and you want more people playing your dungeon... :)

but if you think (like me) that next RTC version will have faster sleeping mode...
copperman
Um Master

Post by copperman »

erm, the java editor, although fairly stable, doesn't support the last couple of versions or RTC engine :( That aside it is a very productive editor. Un-named bone has been away for a while now, maybe an email to him might help.
Don't be scene or herd!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The CSBuild editor isn't bad, especially for normal items. Some references, for die hard DMuters etc, may sound strange - realising how to make a rotating graphic, etc

I would recommend using the alternate tile set for CSBuild for the look, then going for it

I'm busy doing nothing (including some graphics stuff for someone, my own stuff, writing and playtesting) but can easily give you some pointers - pm me or whatever if you have questions and good luck!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I'd also suggest CSBuild, the editor isn't that hard to understand, and I like playing CSBWin a lot more than RTC, same as Antman.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

im doing the dungeon on rtc, its still a bother for me to use csbwin, but dont make that prevent you freom playing the dungeon, that is unless someone wishes to recreate the rtc dungeon into csb win for me, ive gone a bit too far to even bother scrapping it now o.o
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Well Sera. I can try to do it... I need something to do when I have lectures.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

*giggles* thanks suule, i think itll make the csbwin lovers happy too :)
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

There is a lot in RTC that would be very hard to port to CSBwin, just as any CSBwin dungeon making heavy use of DSAs would be very hard to port to RTC.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

well one things for sure, you better have a quick finger/claw because in my dungeon, speed, agility, and endurance are very big things in my dungeon. here are examples, say if you are working your way through a corridor, you hear a click, next think you know you either fall, or you look back fast enough and see pits chasing you at a crazy speed, your only option after that? run like hell, oh and dont worry, ill be sure to add some evil obstacles for you to try and avoid while running ;)
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

well i might as well put down the progress

Prison Level - 95%, Character Portrait Problem
Level 01 - 0%
Level 02 - 0%
Level 03 - 0%
Level 04 - 0%
Level 05 - 0%
Level 06 - 0%
Level 07 - 0%
Level 08 - 100%, Untested
Level 09 - 100%, TESTED
Level 10 - 100%, TESTED
Last edited by Sera on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Immortal Dungeoneer.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Sera, that sounds quite normal!

However I will say, 'keep it secret'.

I look forward to playing!
swordman108
Neophyte

Re: time for me to make my own dungeon...

Post by swordman108 »

I would like to know what game you are trying to make a dungeon for. I am not sure that it matters thow.. DM, The java one, RTC, or DM2.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: time for me to make my own dungeon...

Post by beowuuf »

I'm afraid this is a five year old topic made by someone who hasn't visited the forum in almost two years. You are very unlikely to get an answer!