HG Graphics ripping... again

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Suule
On Master

HG Graphics ripping... again

Post by Suule »

Okay I need help on this one. Quite recently my old 486DX/2 broke - a Dos Box I've been using for years for retro playing had it's funeral.

I've started ripping graphics from Hired Guns Amiga some time ago - the hard way. Screenshot -> Photoshop -> Sprite ripping. Due to Amiga's limited colour palette I couldn't rip monsters - their dark areas overlapped game's dark areas making it impossible to tell them apart.

I've looked at Hired Guns PC again...

Amiga version despite it's flawed graphic had upper hand over HG PC - codes. With the codes I entered 'debug mode' and could quickly take screenshots without the fear of being shot.

On PC I had to use a trainer...

So I launched HG using DOSBOX 0.65. Then I tried loading the trainer. And it Dosbox just hanged up. It couldn't support TSR programs it seems. So if anyone still owns an old PC with DOS running on it (At least 590kb conventional RAM MUST be free - you can't do that without QEMM on a Win95 and QEMM doesn't like trainers) - would someone be so kind as to take some screenshots of the monsters I still can take?

I'm especially intrested in getting the following:

Seahorse
Monk
Mage
Lady In Red

They're impossible to take pics of without a trainer.

I'm willing to supply a copy of HG PC, the trainer and ScreenThief to anyone willing to help me with this one.

When I'm done with the work I'll post the graphics somewhere on the forum so we can all benefit in using them in our dungeons.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Using something like CheatEngine or T-Search you could probably yoink the values right out of a running DOSBOX.... who needs trainers, make your own! ;)
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Why use those, when I have good running trainers...
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Then use them!

Oh wait, you can't.

My point remains...