Saves

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jaromir83
Neophyte

Saves

Post by Jaromir83 »

I would like to ask where are my saved games stored in RTC. I have downloaded lastest version and would like to continue with my party from previous version.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

they are in Modules directory, they are called something.SV0, something.SV1, etc.
Jaromir83
Neophyte

Post by Jaromir83 »

I hope they are compatible. Lets try it...
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

And the file names before the *.SV0 - *.SV7 are identical to the dungeon you are playing.

RTC V0.37 will accept any mixture of any old characters from any dungeons and savegames, even from previous releases. However, characters from very very old previous RTC-versions might not be accepted. It is possible to use the savegames from more recent earlier releases, but in general I'd rather recommend to import an old party into a new game with the "make new adventure" functionality. You should know however that if you use a party that is overtly powerful in relation to the dungeon to be played the engine will speed up and strengthen monsters and increase damage suffered by the party. This is currently a bit hard for very high levels, but will be adjusted for V0.38.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.