[Not necessary] resize front1 bitmap also for NSEW views

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

[Not necessary] resize front1 bitmap also for NSEW views

Post by linflas »

i made a rock by cloning a cave boulder : for that kind of flooritem, only one bitmap is used for front1, and RTC engine does placement and resizing : so you gain some time and kbytes.
But side bitmaps look weird because my rock isn't symmetrical and to correct this, you provided the north/south/east/west views : i wanted to put this unique bitmap for front1/left1/right1 in 4 directions, but i must create front2 and front3 too because RTC resizes front1 only in default view..
Last edited by linflas on Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

I'm not sure I follow that - RTC already resizes asymmetric bitmaps (for example, have a look at the definition of the gravestones).
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

ok, got it. i put NULL for left1 and right1 and it works fine ! but if i have different front1, left1 and right1 bitmaps, will they be resized for distant views (2 and 3) ?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

No - if the left/right 1 needs to be different from the front 1 bitmap because of perspective reasons, then it's certain that the left/right 2 one will also require to look different because it's a combination of the two.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

ok, i changed the topic title :)