[Fixed for V0.42] Bugs near bioler room

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
billgus
Journeyman

[Fixed for V0.42] Bugs near bioler room

Post by billgus »

Some things I think are possible bugs:

I have not seen the Thorn Demons (cattle) regenerate.

At the boiler room, I put the key in the hole, pressed the button and the key drops out. But no pit appears. If you try to get the key - THEN the pit opens.

I got locked out do to lack of large gears. The Prima Guide implies that several gears can be bought at the store. I could only buy one.

I could not enter the square with my Guard Minion. I thought DM2 allowed that.

Anyone runing DOSBox+DM2 that can verify (or not) my DM2 memories?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oops, I noticed the gears one too but found another issue on trying to get the gears so hadn;'t reported it! The other issue being, you should be able to get back into skullkeep from the clan key side even when the door is locked to you on the other - or els,e if you don't use the gold key, you can lock yourself out of the place going for gears!

This game is different to PC DM2 - you cannot occupy the same square as monsters - so that's minions, vortexes, ghosts and bats. You can't push them either - both these were possible in PC DM2 though, you are right
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Bugs near bioler room

Post by George Gilbert »

billgus wrote:I have not seen the Thorn Demons (cattle) regenerate.
Fixed.
billgus wrote:At the boiler room, I put the key in the hole, pressed the button and the key drops out. But no pit appears. If you try to get the key - THEN the pit opens.
I'm pretty sure this is correct (i.e. the pit shouldn't open immediately). If you think about it, this is more sensible because then you can see that the key has gone down the pit. If the pit opened instantly, you might not know what had happened (or even notice that the key had been removed from its original location).
billgus wrote:I got locked out do to lack of large gears. The Prima Guide implies that several gears can be bought at the store. I could only buy one.
Fixed.
billgus wrote:I could not enter the square with my Guard Minion. I thought DM2 allowed that.
As beowuuf mentioned, the party and monsters can't both be on the same tile in RTC (but you do recall correctly that you could in DM-II). There is however nowhere in the game that requires you to do that so it should cause you any problems.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

beowuuf wrote:The other issue being, you should be able to get back into skullkeep from the clan key side even when the door is locked to you on the other - or els,e if you don't use the gold key, you can lock yourself out of the place going for gears!
Fixed that too.