Ending Screen

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Hem, I just tested the end screen, and I had a good laugh :lol:
Is there anyway to implement a serious one ? :P

(actually, it wasn't a test... I ran csb with my modifications, and it just "popped", I need to see what's wrong)
What Is Your Quest ?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Serious? Oh, maybe. What about it, specifically, is the problem?
(If it's the ridiculous music, that's easy to fix :P )

Right now, dsb_game_end doesn't take any parameters. We can take the things that you don't like about it and make them into parameters.

... and keep the default the way it is, as punishment for anyone who uses it without reading the documentation. :D
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

No it's fine, It's just that I expected some sort of static blue screen with "The End" in a special white font,
not a Space Quest end screen with funny music, that's all. But honestly I don't really care right now...

If someone wants to make something fancy, it is already possible with a renderer, anyway :D
What Is Your Quest ?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Oh sure, if you want to be boring about it :)

Seriously, though, I just wanted to make the winning screen a little more special than the screen you get when you lose. I could always add a boolean parameter to the function that sets "boring mode" and shows you the blue screen anyway, though. ;)