The once Christmas-y CYOA summary and notes thread

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, if someone wants to wrap up the 'test of mind' by showing exactly what test of mind a distracted Stamm has to undergo with a Mind Flayer, then we can move on to the startling confrontation of the party and - whatever is testing the party, and has captured whoever sent the party a note

Dun dun dun!

Whill the mysterious message be from chaos? IS the capturerer a dragon? Is this a trick? What heroic feat required heroic weapons and fire armour? What dice roll or coin flip is necessary that a +1 / -1 to it is so darn important? Will all the tests so far that have been reducing the dispositions of the characters come in to play at the end?

Find out! Perhaps....

Before next christmas! Maybe...
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Bugger, I forgot all about this -again-.

Can you confirm that I've got this right?

• It could be that Stamm has just been warned of the danger of the Mindflayer, from 131
  • Lawyers came, failed, and Mindflayer left in the teleporter, from 135. Said Mindflayer returns, from 136.
  • A caterpillar sacrificed itself, from 134. Said Mindflayer returns, from 136.
It's a toughie. I'll have a couple of days ponderance over it.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I lied. Done!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, well done sir!

On towards the thriiiiilling conclusion :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I had a play through from #1 for the first time in ages. I guess nobdoy's too concerned anymore, but the logic don't work!

I should have had a skeletal Halk and no Syra but by the time I reached 131, Syra was magically back and Halk was fine.

A few plot holes, methinks. :-)

Good stuff though! Very, very funny. Excellent work guys! :-D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I tried to keep some of the logic consistent, but yeah there are places where it just goes futt really! Hey ho :D
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

The story has it's fun moments. When it's finished I'll re-read it all with relish, all pretty and webified. (The 131 conversion is pretty unique!) Don't forget to do 132 though Beo!

I lay the full weight of responisiblity on Beowuuf's shoulders to finish this one off as I haven't a clue!

Good luck chap! - I'm off site for the next 5 working days so not much slacker time for me :x
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

They've actually started putting up the Christmas decorations in the street outside my window.

Can ya kill this one off, Beo?
Write a semi traumatic ending or something :?
Let me know if you need ideas, but I'm all Christmassed out dude!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I thought you were going to try to make it until next Christmas. :P

The once-again Christmas-y CYOA thread!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I know of a good ending:

EVERYTHING BLOWS UP !!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I have inspiration it is just opportunity and focus - very, very very busy at work, had colds etc. Just lots of reasons to not be able to sit down and type us stuff I want to. Will get back to it sooner not later, but at worst it will be finished in a neat little bow by the end of November in time for anything anyone wants to do in December

There's absolutely no point in anyone putting anything stupid for the last section in the meantime, I'll just delete it since a big 'screw you' to the reader is only funny to the person doing the section :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry, flat moving and busy work knocked this on the head, i will try and get this finished for just before christmas :D

So, any idea for the next christmas creative thingie then?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hmm... well the CYOA seemed like too much work for most people so it wasn't generally successful as a community effort. We need something simpler!

Do we need to finish CYOA before we start the next one!? >_> <_< ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

We don't have to, but I'm going to. Losing my next few weekends will make that more difficult, but I'm going to keep doing sections and am in the middle of the next even now!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, and done! It started shakily, and maybe the rules get convoluted, but I enjoyed writing the end bits.

It's done, dusted, now we can create a more fun easier to do Christmas-y thing-y for this year!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Bwaahaaa -- just read those last few entries. I have totally no idea what's going on but it made me laugh heartily! Good work! :-D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, a house parody and M Night Shamalan-thingie parody were in good order I reckon. Glad you enjoyed it, gladder still it's all over! :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, it took the whole year!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Yeahhhh! Thanks man. You did a great job finishing (as in killing :P ) this one off! wd Beo