Dungeonmaster PDA

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
brightonman
Neophyte

Dungeonmaster PDA

Post by brightonman »

I've just diacovered a working version of DM for the PDA, it iseems to work fine and I am delighted to have a truly mobile version of DM, however the display only shows 2 of the 3 bars by each portrait- the mana bar is missing. Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution. It won't in any way ruin the gameplay but it would be great to fix it. I am using an HP4700 series and am running windows CE 4.21. :?:

Cheers.
Roquen
Artisan

Re: Dungeonmaster PDA

Post by Roquen »

You should probably state what program your using...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

likely csbwin for palm pc
brightonman
Neophyte

Post by brightonman »

brightonman wrote:I've just diacovered a working version of DM for the PDA, it iseems to work fine and I am delighted to have a truly mobile version of DM, however the display only shows 2 of the 3 bars by each portrait- the mana bar is missing. Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution. It won't in any way ruin the gameplay but it would be great to fix it. I am using an HP4700 series and am running windows CE 4.21. :?:

Cheers.

Well I found the game at http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=1254 and it was so easy to install and "ran" fine so far on the first two levels the program together with some assiated files is CSBwin (for Pocket PC). Even with the bug it is worth having on a handheld PDA. Ganeplay sound and graphics are like an old friend, but 10x smaller than my old atari.

regards
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I don't know what version you are using. The latest is at:

http://www.dianneandpaul.net/CSBwin/Gam ... PPC_DM.zip

The config.txt provides a way to compress
the status bars, for example:

Code: Select all

CEDisplay PORTRAIT_A        0   0   0   0  67  29 1 0 0  6
See that '1'? It compresses the status bars.

You will find other games on the same 'Games' page, Chaos
Strikes Back, in particular.
brightonman
Neophyte

Post by brightonman »

brightonman wrote:I've just diacovered a working version of DM for the PDA, it iseems to work fine and I am delighted to have a truly mobile version of DM, however the display only shows 2 of the 3 bars by each portrait- the mana bar is missing. Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution. It won't in any way ruin the gameplay but it would be great to fix it. I am using an HP4700 series and am running windows CE 4.21. :?:

Cheers.
Many thanks I did get the original program by typing in Dungeon Master PDA and the program I got I guess was for the last version of windows mobile. The dungeonmaster encyclopeadia also has the new version http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/851 and it works fine so far. Thanks for the advice and help Paul. :D