SOTF Sins of the Father

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
stewy
Craftsman

Re: SOTF

Post by stewy »

Spoiler
Did you use the grapple to get on the roof top
? ONE BIG HINT.
Spoiler
the grapple is real important on the roof if you can figure out how to use it, its not to hard
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I'm going through the bit with the Hell hounds. You needed the skeleton keys to enter this area. Think if you have spent over 5 hours playing then you must be way ahead of me.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

he ha he hoho, I spent the entire day yesterday, unfortunately I won't be playing much today, have duties, but i'll sneak some in right now and after lunch.

I made it to the roof, need two keys then came back and completed the poke and grab riddle, I don't know how I missed it though, it's just one of the sneaky things stewy has done. simple rule of thumb, try everything, even the unsuspected things.

the hell hounds are difficult, keep your scepter ready. if you hear a hounding sound look out :shock: it's probably the most difficult part so far before getting into the castle. I have to go back there because I have finished everything in the cemetery that I know of. I love the new skeletons popping out of the ground. my only problem right now is how to heal, I found the
Spoiler
green plant but I could only eat it which I did on the only hurt character, there was no way to use it otherwise. it does not spawn either
so where is the VI rune, I need it. getting injured in anyway is not good and I have a feel later in this dungeon that i'll be getting hurt :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

finally found the VI rune, still can't find the master key and the gold key, not sure what to do. I seem to have lost my way of what to do next, maybe it will come to me during breakfast.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I now have some spirit tails but not sure what I should do with them. I have just moved some
Spoiler
crosses out of the way and have discovered a ladder down into a cave
. However when I get down into the cave this wizard appears and I am ashes. He's very strong. Any way to get rid of him.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Is it necessary to kill all the Hell Hounds behind the blue hazes?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

that monster is tough alright, I managed to get in and out without dying to get a rune, then I went back and used
Spoiler
two paralizers then cleaved, chopped bolt and fireballed the bastard to see if he was hooked up to some mechanics that he needs to be killed to activate
kill as many as those hounds as you can, they are deadly!

can't wait to get back to it later today, I am stuck though. I don't have 2 keys and there are a few spots that have a door with two horses. these doors I can't open. I killed everything I could find :) I am stumped. cemetery is done. the only good thing is I can heal myself but that'll do me no good if I am clueless as to what to do next.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Okay. Found a room where you needed
Spoiler
the red head to get in
. Once inside there was this tough
Spoiler
skeleton which dropped the master key
Found the keyhole and inserted the key
Spoiler
I heard a stone move like something opened
. But what did it open. Chaos its over to you.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

well, I found a master key already and used it, but it is the one on the roof I don't have, on there roof has the horse doors and a black keyhole, down the garbage chute needs the gold key. I don't know where to go next.

ok stewy, give a hint where we should go for those keys. I have checked everything twice, I give up :roll:

on the roof, one or two of the power generators sound is missing but they are still working, not sure if that's important or not. I found the green gargoyles but I can't remove the eggs? don't know what I got out of that roof area, didn't seem important.

great dungeon, I sure hope there will be others like it in the future with advanced intelligence, monsters that have a story and join the party. I can't wait for these dungeons to come out!
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

So Chaos what did the master key in the graveyard with the hell hounds open then?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I can't remember where I used it, all I know is I found and used one. I will probably run around a bit today trying to figure out what to do next and find it. where are you, have you made it to the roof, did you find the grapple?
I am going back to the roof right now and check out these
Spoiler
gargoyle eggs once more
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Spoiler
Just smashed a grave and gone down the hole that opened
Spoiler
Down there I found 3 skeletons that appeared from coffins. There is a scroll that tells me not to kill them until they have carried out a task. Mainly getting them to step on a plate which opens open a cavity with some goodies in
. Didnt save it down there as I realised I had no way of getting out again, unless I have missed something. I found 3 coffins altogether.
gerganrab
Apprentice

Post by gerganrab »

Boy this is gonna sound dumb, but I can't open the door by the portals. The lights turn on and off when I touch it, but it doesn't open. What am I missing? GB
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Sorry what portals are you referring to. Could you say what part of the game you are talking about.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

don't kill the skeletons
Spoiler
in the pit, they'll keep opening a new passage until they are all released, then it gives a teleporter out
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Potential dead end there if you happen to kill a skeleton and then save.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

GB, if you mean portal as a teleporter.. you'll have to be more exact with that location
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yes, it could be a dead end, pays to save the entire directory of save games to new folder every so often for that kind of problem. experienced players won't save all the slots when in a potential dead end. it's not that big of an area so it should be avoidable. still it is possible to get screwed for the inexperienced :twisted:
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I just love this painting, who did this work stewy?
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

i give stewy, i'll hold and wait for mercy
keep your gor coin handy
gerganrab
Apprentice

Post by gerganrab »

I mean the portal at the very beginning of the game (told ya it would sound dumb). There's a door right by the start that I can't open. GB
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

gerganrab wrote:I mean the portal at the very beginning of the game (told ya it would sound dumb). There's a door right by the start that I can't open. GB
Go into the Hall of Champions
Spoiler
and start being a vandal
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Now I am just running around in circles.
Spoiler
I have been down the pits revealed by smashing the graves. Think I have found 3 or 4 altogether
. Think the next thing I need is the grapple but no idea where to look. So any hints would be appreciated.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos
Spoiler
who says you cant remove the gargoyle eggs???
Spoiler
You can if you are fast enough
. Thing is what do you do with them.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Just came to me about the eggs.
Spoiler
Spoiler
i threw one at the gate to get out of the gargoyle nest so if I can get a few more out then I can open the other gates
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hmmm, fast enough huh. i threw a egg, it broke to a gargoyle, he stepped on spot and open gate. that's all, were you able to remove an egg? i couldn't but i'll try once more just to make sure. i give up. i'll wait until i get an answer that works!!! this part is frustrating because there is no clues here what to do, kinda guessing what to do know, everything up to a couple days ago had a flow, but she's dried up now. it's your turn to spend a couple days masta :)
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I got an egg out okay. Didn't save so I am going to load up with eggs and try and get out again.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

have got back to the dungeon today, feeling a bit hurt, had a merry time last night. i'll have one more go at the egg.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I got all the eggs out but my other plan with the gates didnt work mmmm. However I have got through one of the gates with
Spoiler
the skeleton key, its the one with the rectangular looking indent in the wall round the corner from it. Inside there is a star transporter thing with a red circle in the middle. The transporter doesn't do anything yet, but you need to use a skeleton key to open one of three gates. Each gate has another gate behind it so to get past them both before the second one closes you have to be very quick, i haven't done it yet despite dropping all my characters equipment
. This is where i am stuck at the moment.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Spoiler
If you got the blue haze to go away, you are done with the eggs