[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
the master
On Master

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by the master »

I think I know where I need to go but finding the key to do it is another matter
Spoiler
I have found a room with two pressure plates that fire a fire bolt from the walls. One of the pressure plates is in front of a keyhole which is the key I cant find anywhere. Am I assuming that the key is just lying on the floor somewhere or is it concealed somewhere else.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
The key is not in those rooms. Look closer to the pit room.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Believe me I have. Is it just lying on the floor or some where else. Those keys are white on a white floor. Wish some one would make a black floor for future dungeons.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Are you sure you have put this key in the game. I'm sure I would have found it by now as I have covered more or less every square surrounding the pit room.
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Hey I just want to check back in and update on my progress! Firstly - thank you for all of the info and a little bit of help too :)
Spoiler
As for the 4 switches I am not sure if I ran over them too many times or what happened but they eventually stopped working for me (I stopped hearing the clicking sounds when going over them and could not get the wall to open as a result). I did try to go down the pit again as Chaos suggested to try and reset them but it didn't seem to work for me. I eventually reverted back to an old save point and tried it again and made it through which felt great! lol I am now also at the part where I need a gold key and when I play next will be making a trip to the pit again to see what I can get up to there.
It is a fantastic dungeon and I am really enjoying playing it... its fun to all be going through it at the same time too. Great work!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master
Spoiler
As the crow flies, it's almost next to the pit room... In fact from a corner of the room that the key is in, you can see the pit on the magic map. It's that close!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Unless I am completely blind I just cannot see that key. Facing away from the room with the pit can you guide me forward, left and right. I just hope we are talking about the same pit room. Its the one that disappears as you approach it. If I walk out from the pit room in 3 squares I hit a wall.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
From the doorway of the pit room, go w, w, w, s, w, s, s, s, s, s, e, e, e, n, n, e, e, e.... This takes you to the entrance of a large room with a green haze launching fireballs. The key is in here. In terms of the map, it is right below the pit room (south).
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Master, to find those difficult colored keys you need to cast the map spell that shows items in the dungeon.

Sambini, way to go, you're way ahead of me right now, will spend a couple hours today and try to catch up. Won't replay after reading that there is plenty of food. I'll be back.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

How do you cast a map spell. Didn't even realise there was one.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I just checked, it has not been set up. It works for some things. It's the mapping. It may be a good idea for items that are that hard to see when playing in windowed mode, give it a mapping icon. Tested it on footprints, ros mapping works, items I believe are dain\dane mapping. zo kath ra shows up.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

So far have opened two black doors today, food is holding out. Got some keys for doors when the party comes across some.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

All the objects have been left as RTC standard, so keys and such won't show up in dain mapping. If they had been set up, i'd probably have took them out anyway as it's a dead giveaway.
I personally only use ros mapping. It will come in handy in certain areas of this dungeon. Not too many, but if you can't see a way to progress... oh gor ros is always worth a try.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Sauman I have searched that room that you guided me to. I am wondering if it is possible for me to have picked up that key and used it on the 4 key part of the game. Is it the same type of key?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

This is getting interesting.
Spoiler
I decided to restart the level. I went back and found 4 keys. Now the last time I used ALL 4 keys on the 4 locks that were altogether. And they opened the door to give me a key. This time I thought I would use the key I found in the green haze to open the door to the 2 golems. Remember this is exactly the same key that I used last time for the 4 locks. So killed off the golems got down the pit. The thing is now that I only have 3 keys instead of 4. 2 of the keys were in the yellow hazes and one dropped by a skeleton. So where is 4th Key?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
The whole area with the 4 locks/skeletons/etc is another 50/50 scenario, so one scenario is all iron keys and the other has 2 iron/2 square.
If you've got keys from yellow hazes, then you must have got the first scenario (all iron keys). In that case, you have missed one. You get two from hazes, one from a skeleton, and one more from behind a wall. Look close to where the four locks are. You'll find a switch.
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Hi Saumun...I think I need your help again :)
Spoiler
I am at the same part as the master I believe where I need to find the 4 keys to open the door. I sort of binge played the dungeon the other night and kind of forget every little thing I did but I will try my best to describe it to you to see if you can help me. I have 3/4 keys used at this time, I recall picking up the key from behind the hidden wall using the switch, picking up a key from the soldier guy down in the pit, I think I got at least one key from a skeleton (possibly 2?), I guess I used one of the keys to unlock the room to the stone golems though. I used your previous hints to the master to try to help but I did not see a key on the ground in the fireball room (its possible I got the other scenario?) but its also possible I picked it up and don't remember lol. Either way I no longer have any keys in my bag and I feel like there is no where left for me to explore in this section. Not sure if this is relevant but I have found the onyx key and used it to find another onyx door.
Just know that I spent a VERY long time trying to find this key and I wouldn't ask for your help unless it was truly needed!

Again - great dungeon! I think its really neat how you have the option to pick different paths... I was watching Chaos_Shaman play earlier today and he was in a room with wizards in the red haze and I don't recall ever seeing that but I know I am ahead of him, I guess we took different paths! Very cool :)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Sambini
Spoiler
2 keys are got from the yellow hazes. 1 from the skeleton. One from the green haze and one near the 4 locks released by a switch. Sounds from your description that you have a couple already.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@Sambini
Spoiler
The key in the green haze with the fireballs is always there (sounds like this is one you don't have).
The others depend on which scenario you get for this part. If you got a key from a skeleton, then you must have the same scenario The Master had (2 from yellow hazes, one from a skeleton, and 1 behind a wall.
In the alternative scenario... instead of 4 iron keys opening the door, it's 2 iron and 2 square keys. In this one there are no yellow hazes... 2 knights carrying the square keys... 2 iron keys behind walls (different ones to the first scenario)... and the skeletons drop nothing.

As for CS and the red haze wizards... You didn't take a different path. You just got the alternative scenario for that part. It all depends on when you hit certain silent triggers. Pure chance as to which ones you get.
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Thanks Saumun!
Spoiler
I believe I have the second scenario, like I said I rushed through everything quite quickly and did a lot in one sitting so I began to forget what I had done. It was the knights that dropped the keys not the skeletons now that I think back, to verify I looked at the key holes and 2 look different. I guess I am missing the key from behind a wall somewhere, could you clarify if this is another switch situation or perhaps hidden wall? (finding switches drove me a little crazy when I had to find the 4 before lol uhg!) I was just watching Chaos play and he got the same scenario as the master (with the yellow haze) so he won't be able to help me at this time ah!
Do the scenarios eventually converge again or will we be playing different ones for the rest of the game?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
If you got square keys from the knights, then yes... it's the other scenario. Did you get the key from the green haze?

I'll try to summarise... To progress to the next part, you ultimately need the two onyx keys. One is in the pit, and the other is behind the door with the four locks. To get both you'll need the iron keys from the green haze that launches fireballs. Two more iron keys from behind walls south of the four locks, and two square keys from the knights. For the iron keys behind the walls, the best way i can describe it is... Find the four locks and then head south. You should be able to find a compass on the floor (unless you already picked it up), close to a wall grate. From here, go east as far as you can and there will be a small switch nearby. The switch opens a wall slightly northwest of it, and the key is behind it.
The other switch is southwest of the first, and opens a wall with a skeleton behind it. The skeleton doesn't have it. It is behind it.
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Ahh it was in the green haze! I died a few times trying to get it but I managed to snatch it up and now I've made it to the place with all the moving walls, looks like fun :). I will have to work on it more tomorrow!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Good stuff... If you study the pattern of the green haze, you can get it without being hit. Every fourth time the haze switches on, it stays on a little longer after the fireball has been launched... enabling you to get the key (at least i think it's every fourth time... i don't have it in front of me).
Spoiler
Just a little tip:- If you're not familiar with DM spells... once you're through the moveable walls part, cast oh gor ros and look at your map. It will help.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Oh... forgot to address your last point. The different scenarios don't converge. They are coexisting in the same portion of the dungeon until triggered. You basically have a lot of invisible or inactive stuff in certain areas, and depending which trigger you hit it will generate scenario 'a' or scenario 'b' in that part of the dungeon.

The differences may be monsters, objects, or even the map itself... but it will be the same ultimate objective in each case.
The reason is so that each player will have a slightly different dungeon. The scenarios are only 50/50, so like two people flipping a coin you'll get a few that are the same... But they occur often enough that the chances of players getting exactly the same dungeon all the way through is virtually nil.

They don't go on for the entirety of the dungeon (they would have done if if were not for an object limit), so the last section is set in stone.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Wow, lots said, have not read the clues yet, looking for a second onyx key, no idea where to look, running all over the place, Sambini is again ahead of me, Master must be way ahead as well. Only thing I can remember that I have not done is the disappearing pit, must be a switch or something for it.
So far lots of fun.

Have a couple hours to blast at it again today. Is there a large map? Is there a food regeneration room?

I'll be back to read the hints if I can't find that second key.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I'm now stuck at the rooms beyond the corridor where it says a coward will hide. One room has a haze with lightning bolts going through it. The other has what looks like impassible pits. There are also 2 doors which require keys. I'm at a bit of a loss here so a small push would be appreciated.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
The pits are passable, and the keys are on the other side. It takes quite a bit of working out how to do it though!
When standing with the "invisible" pit on your left, if you step back and then forward again you'll see that it deactivates for a brief time. This allows you time to get through. Don't hang around in this area because many pits open under you if you wait too long, but there are a couple of safe spots.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I'm now right at the end of the room with the pits. I'm in the right hand corner where you have to step forward, then step back then forward then left and then forward in about 1 second flat. I have been on this for 2 whole hours. If you haven't got the reactions of a leopard then I would suggest you give up right now. I hope Sauman himself was able to do this because I cant.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Did it. Bloody hell.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have now reached the bit where you put the tiles on the board.
Spoiler
There are 2 doors with The Hive outside on the door. I note that I can cast spells through the doors but haven't been able to pass through them myself. I'm quite at a loss how to move forward.