[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
the master
On Master

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by the master »

Sorry that last message should read I am unable to pass through them myself.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
How many runes did you get? You need 6... Um, Ya, Ee, Ir, Gor, and Dain. The Ir tile is easy to miss because you have to go back to the lightning room near the entrance to the pits.
This will not open The Hive (that only happens later), but it will open the black doors to the north and south leading to the perimeter. From there the dungeon opens up, and you have to choose which way to go. Once through which ever door you choose, it'll seem like you're going on forever and probably think you're being teleported. You're not... It's just that the corridors are very long. Just keep going!
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I'm missing Ee Saumun so I'm hoping your going to tell me that it's not too far to go back and collect and in a nice easy position.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Depends what you consider far! Actually, it's not too bad.
Spoiler
Remember the part with the corridors that had pits opening under you if you waited? It had scorpions guarding the switches, and a dragon's lair beneath if you fell through.
Well the Ee tile is in the part immediately before that. It's through the some silent teleports and a couple of shooter corridors.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Just found that sneaky iron key, kept on missing small switch, mapped out the level. Finally can go back and open that door.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Just to let you know (in case there is anything to report)... I won't be able to get on all day tomorrow. Or at least not until very late.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

So I got really in a pickle with the iron keys, turns out that the iron key that opens up to the golems also opens up the door to the first onyx key with the four keyholes, F%$K, I was left with an iron key that was meant for the onyx key. Sambini told me to try going back before opening door for the onyx key, to go back with all the keys and try all 5 iron keys, sure enough she was right. Damn you Saumun :lol:

got an hour left to play, I'LL BE BACK
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hmmm... That shouldn't happen, so i must have made a mistake. I'm on my way to work, so don't have time now. I'll look/fix later.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

That happened to me as well. I think the golem key should have been a different type of key to avoid confusion. All 5 keys were marked as iron keys.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Is there anyway I can get back to the shooter corridor from my present position?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master.... Only by going the way you came. It's pretty direct though, and not too far.

I've only just got home, so i'll fix the key thing tomorrow (EDIT: Sorry... Later today). It's the keyhole for the golem/pit lever room that is the issue.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master... I'll put it down to my tiredness when i got home last night, but there is a short cut. A big one.
I forgot that i'd connected all the underground rooms, so...
Spoiler
You may have already opened this, but if you drop through the room with lots of pits you'll find a switch that opens to another part (under the cowardly oitu bit), which in turn has a switch that opens into the dragon's lair. If you take the teleport up from the dragon's lair, and turn around.... you're only 8 steps away from the silent teleports in the Ee rune section.
This being said... It's also pretty quick taking the direct route, as it's mainly straight corridors.
The iron key problem has now been fixed, and i finally (aaahh... finally!) found the problem that can sometimes stop the four pads part earlier in the dungeon (it was caused if you're already on a certain pad at the point when the wall closes... Damn trigger queuing!). This has also been fixed.

I've requested the link be updated in the first post.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Saumun
Spoiler
I have already gone back to the opening pit corridor and dropped through. I then went into the blue haze where I met the dragon previously. This took me into a room with square pillars where the layout keeps changing but for the life of me can't find that rune. Is there anyway to stop the room moving and more importantly am I in the right place?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
If you're in the corridor just before the pits that drop you into the dragons lair, then you are in the right place. At the place with the square pillars... The room is not moving. You are being teleported to different parts. There is a zigzag route through it where you skip a pillar each time. Keep your compass in hand. Each teleport moves you to a different point, but also turns you 180 degrees... so you'll see on your compass if you've hit a teleport.
When you come to a coin on the floor, head west until you reach a wall and then two steps north onto a pad. The pad launches poison blobs at you from down the corridor, but also turns off all the teleports so you can get back without a problem. The rune is beyond the shooter corridors.
There are switches that turn off the shooters, but you already know the mirror spell so could just use that to get through. It's up to you.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Onwards and upwards, well until I get stuck again. I'm now well into a new part of the dungeon which looks quite exciting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Got to playing it again today and killed the dragon, more lost than ever, white switches, spun out, and now have come to an area with a poison dagger or something, I'm a bit lost but still able to sputter through it.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Your doing quite well if you have met the dragon. Lots of steaks to keep you going.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I perhaps should have mentioned that all meat food in this dungeon has a limited lifespan. Around every twenty minutes, you may notice the icon darken in colour slightly. The longer you leave it uneaten, the less nutritional value it will give. Eventually it will poison you (heavily).
I'm afraid this was entirely necessary, as the dungeon was sailing so close to RTC's object limit, i couldn't risk too much food being dropped by generated monsters.
So.... It's best to eat any meat you get first, while it's fresh and save the other stuff.

@CS...
I'm not entirely sure where you mean, but if it's the scroll for the magic dagger spell then you're fairly close to the end of section 1.
Spoiler
To potentially save time, i should point out that by now you should have five runes (assuming i'm correct about where you are) with another one a bit further on. I'm mentioning this because at the end of this section, you'll need the six runes or you can't progress and will have to backtrack to get them.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have just reached the room where when you step into the room it fills up with a haze and throws you out again.
Spoiler
I know that there is a pressure plate in the top left hand corner and am just wondering if I actually need to step on this plate (god forbid) or is it just necessary merely to throw an object on to it. If it is the former could I ask if the person play testing the dungeon actually did it and is there some sort of trick in reaching it
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

"I perhaps should have mentioned that all meat food in this dungeon has a limited lifespan. Around every twenty minutes, you may notice the icon darken in colour slightly. The longer you leave it uneaten, the less nutritional value it will give. Eventually it will poison you (heavily)."

Sort of what I was doing with the meat, making it poisonous but can still will give benefits.

I have 3 runes, just clearing out an area. Is there a map?
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos. Yes there is but I think you should have found it by now as I think it was in one of the earlier parts of the dungeon.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master....
Spoiler
Yes, there is a trick to it... There's no possible way to get there directly. If you look on your magic map around the perimeter of this room, you'll see another safe spot. Go to this first... then the pad. You have to step on it.
As to your other question.... Yes, it has been done over and over again!

@CS... Yes, you will still get a food hit, even though it poisons. Just not a big one.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Just did the room with the hazes and the answer to solving it is persistence. And
Spoiler
yes you do have to step on it.
. I did it direct
Spoiler
didnt notice the other safe place and didn't see your message until after I had done it.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I am on a level where there are lots of coin slots. Two gates without keys that have little wizards inside. I am sure that the creatures on this level are reincarnating after you have killed them. This is my most hated thing in a game and completely unfair on the player. I have asked programmers time and time again not to do this unless it acts as a means of food and can be contained in a small area. What I would like to know is how to get those gates open as
Spoiler
I know the little wizards are dropping coins that I need when killed as I have shot gas through the gate and seen them do it
. There is also a haze over a pit in front of an ornate door so I would imagine
Spoiler
that you have to put coins in all the slots to get rid of the haze
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I'm stuck right at the start. I picked my items, teleported into a room, killed the antmen. I exited the room, turned left (I think), entered a room. Stood on the pad, killed the mummies, but the area after is a just two corridors that teleport you back.

The other two rooms out of the four are empty. Standing on the pads does not do anything,.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I restarted, but took a route that spawned skeletons, then pulled two levers to open a door with a pit behind. I descended it, killed the scorpion, got the gold key, then used the blue haze to teleport out - straight over a pit that drops me into enclosed wall. Is there a solution to this or is it a dead end?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master...
Spoiler
There are four coins before you get to that area (not including the ones you had to use in the first part). Insert them into any four of the eight slots and the gates will open. The wizards carry the other four, which eventually removes the haze.
@PaulH...
Regarding your first post, there is a switch nearby that appears once you've been turned by the teleports.
As for the second post, i'm struggling a bit here. This has never happened to me, and doesn't appear to have happened to anyone thus far (until now). I checked in the editor and could find nothing wrong, so i played in test and full mode, but still could not replicate this. I wonder if there is a particular circumstance that may cause this problem, but as of this moment i can't find what it is. Once you have the key the haze should reopen the pit and eventually drop you back on to the original spot. It sounds as if a pit that should have opened has not, and i don't know why. Have you tried this more than once with the same result?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Looks like everyone is having fun with this one Saumun,

I'm at an area where there is a
Spoiler
green haze with lightning bolts, I am able to cast the spell mirror and stop the bolts, the screen keeps getting brighter and the mouse almost stops moving, I thought it was a part of the game. It almost went completely white. Tried to cast a spell and it crashed :( I really thought it was a part of your effects. Any hints on how to get past this area, was that spell suppose to be used at that spot?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Nothing to do there just yet CS, but you'll have to go back to that room to get something later.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

????, ok, will let it go for now, head back, don't want to have to go through that pit maze again either, without a map that's big enough to do it I feel lost, maybe Sambini can map it out. Give it another go tomorrow, surely a tough game not for the beginner. I'd like a map for perceptional cohesion, difficult even for a seasoned player, well done man.
keep your gor coin handy