DM2 Formats

This is an archive of the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia forum
Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

DM2 Formats

Post by Randolf Boots Jr »

The text file attached was the readme file of 'The Dungeon Master II Editor v0.1 Beta for PC' http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/729

Please Read This it has some Things about the save game Format.
Sphenx
On Master

Re: DM2 Formats

Post by Sphenx »

Did you know?
There are 2 types of Bats (Cave bat, Roof bat) and 2 types of Giants. Did someone noticed different behaviours for the Giants?
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Remember those annoying flying green spheres? .. How many types of these exist? I'm sure someone has ideas for the answer :) Christopher should at least know this, right?
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Dragoth has two kinds I believe. The normal green attack minion, and the purple guard minion which is created by a green attack minion. There may be a third kind which is the green minion that flies to the generator spot of an Archer Guard and transforms into one.
As for the good guys, we have five minion types: Attack, Guard, Carry, Fetch, and Scout.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

I think I've found 13 different types of minions (I have not understand all yet). But I was just talking about the green minions (attack minions).
In fact, I've found 3 types for these. At least, 2 can be distinguished: if you listen carfully, attack minions don't make the same sound when they shoot lightning. Actually, the attack minions inside Skullkeep have a 'loudier' shoot sounding. The first type is the attack minion you can find in the last forest area. Then there are the minions in Skullkeep. And the minions created by Dragoth are also a different type.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

I've understand why there 2 types of bats. Let's call them "Roof Bat" and "Cave Bat". The Roof Bat can actually fly over the walls. Of course, we don't notice it very much since in the game, the graphics wall of the roof displays a small wall. But the fact is that a Roof Bat in an other map will go through the walls! That explains why there are 2 types.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Yeah, it does make sense that they needed to make two different kinds of bats since the bats in the caves will stop and rest. Roof bats would look kind of strange if they did that.
And so obviously there are two different types of Axemen. Those that take objects from you and don't throw axes, and those that do throw axes. The ones that throw axes seem to have a different kind of regenerator too, because they also generate an axe right infront of them. That way they can throw at least one axe without having to search for one on the ground.
Of all the new and interesting things about that game, there is one square that puzzles me as to how it works. The one in the axemen area where the objects from the Vexirk Vat reappear. The Sword, gem and coin are the only objects that will always reappear. The Staff, Spirit Cap, and Mana Blossom don't always show up. And when staves don't show up, they end up at the Sun Clan Weapon Merchant Shop. On top of it all, Axes will vanish if thrown onto that square. Strange.
Second to that is the Thicket Thief regenerator square. The object teleporter on that square seems to work sometimes, and not others.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

For those who have sound : you can hear the invisible walker in the crypt, and you can also hear the nasty pits moving!