KoL Clones

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

KoL Clones

Post by raixel »

Don't know if anyone found this one yet, but I just started on a Kingdom of Loathing clone called Twilight Heroes. It can be found here: http://www.twilightheroes.com. I just started like 5 mins ago, so dont know mucg about it but it appears to be a superhero/detective/crimefighting game. It appears to only be 3 or 4 years old so doesnt seem to have the long lifespan with millions of uber-rich players KoL does. The interface is VERY similar to KOL.

Also this one http://www.secretsocietywars.com/ Secret Society wars. Appears to be made in 2003, but still in beta. It seems to be some kind of weird intergalactic one. Most telling is that char gen has a box for birthday, gender (M, F, Hermaphrodite, None) and Sex Preferences (Gay, Straight, Bi, Asexual). It appears to be both a social game and an adventure game. Adventures are chosen from drop down menu. I'm currently wandering around a maze where you click on the direction you want to go and it redraws the map on the right. Um, its also kinda lewd, just to let ya kno

anyway, I go by pantskick on both of those if anyone wants to try em out
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: KoL Clones

Post by oh_brother »

Twilight Heroes looks kind of cool. If I ever get some spare time I will check it out. I like the comic-book feel to the screen-shots that I saw.

I could not see much about SSW, they do not give much information away without signing up. Maybe that is to stop people under 18 seeing rude words.

Are you still playing them? Any good?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I joined Echo Bazaar, but haven't played much of it. It seems to get good reviews though for cool writing and general weirdness.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Twilight heroes is hella fun, but a little harder than KoL (its still new, like they will be rolling out their form of ascention in about 2 or 3 months so theyre still doing a lot of testing). Secert society wars is confusing. The game part is amusing (if lewd, like your combat options are Fight, converse, sex0r), but theres this other whole endgame component about these alingnment based societys taking over the universe, unfortunately one of them always seems to have twice as many people in it as the others. You dont get involved in that until youre a way higher level tho. It also has a giant facebook like social component to it. Ive been playing it for a few days and still cant figure it out. They have a manual and player written FAQs but I dont feel like slogging through pages of info just to play a web-game. Twilight heroes I'd DEFINITELY recommend to anyone who likes KoL tho. Try secret society wars for a laugh, I cant imagine getting too into it tho.