[RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Post by cocoetnono »

thank you, so i'm going trying to finding this iron gratting. And il someone else have an idea, i take it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As said though, once you find it (I think the entrance to the priest guild is near the tavern, or near the crypt, or is a very direct route from those places because it became my item dumping ground) you can't acvtually enter the area from that direction. You need to figure out where the real entrance is. Once you have the spellbook though, you can use that exit to escape. Which is why I think the grave you look for is not one you can otherwise escape!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

thank you, but i'm still stuck!! Someone else recall some important information about this spell book? Adamsky, help please!
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

In the mausoleum there is a closed door that you can open
Spoiler
with a lever, that lever is in the building near the graveyard (there is a spider inside). The spell book is beyond that door.
To enter the mausoleum
Spoiler
move the central tomb in the graveyard.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

I have found it!!!!! Great!! Thank you for your help adamsky, without you i'll be still schearching... I had already see that button near the spider, but after pushing it i notice nothing, so repushing it and still playing the game. I've never make the connection with the doors in the mausoleum. Ok, now i'm a little bit affraid with the continuation of the game, because if i'm not able to find the spellbook by myself, what it will be with the others riddles that seems to be very hard?... Ok, by the way, let's see. See you soon for another helps, for sure!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Playing this game is a real pleasure! Warrior's guild and priests' guild finished! I continue. See you soon for another help... :lol:
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

hello everybody!
ok, i've finished the 4 guilds, enter the tower, kill the blob man and the armour man in the museum, flood the sewer, visited the library, and now i'm at the clock tower. But i've got 2 problems : the first one is that the phantom in the cellar have disapear! I use war cry to frighting him, it works, but now i can't find him! I had turn for many hours in the cellar but don't find him, incredible! It s important to kill him?
The second problem, is that i miss one gear, and i can't remember where i've found the other one, i'm sure for the one in the sewer, and i don't remember where i ve found my second one... In the celar or in the museum? Can anyone pm me with the right place of the 3 gears, cause doin all the celar again make me ill ! thank you!! What a great game!!
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

The phantom has the
Spoiler
rune EW
, I hope he hasn't vanished...
Gears:
Spoiler
1- wax museum, 2- central room in the cellar, 3- sewers, past the flames
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Thank you. For the gears i'm going to search at those places. Where is the gear exactly in the museum ?
The phantom is vanished, for sure!! I walk in the celar area for many hours, and he is not here! Maybe a bug? How can i do for the ew rune?!!
help!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Ok, third gear found.
But still can't find the phantom, he really disapear.
So, can i finish the game without the ew rune?
:cry:
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Mr adamsky? Are you still here?
i just like to know if i can finish the game without the ew rune?
And i can't find the chess game, i have found the knights that i can pull or push, the scroll with the MOK letter, but i don't know where is the chess floor.
Please help, i really want to finish this incredible game!
Stlyput
Neophyte

Post by Stlyput »

OK, I absolutely positively give up as to where the ZO rune is. I have been everywhere in the parts of the mages guild accessible so far. I became LO master fighter
Spoiler
killing golems downstairs
and amassed enough hit points to be able to actually survive
Spoiler
those blasted fireballs in the IF YOU ARE A MAGE YOU WILL SURVIVE corridor
. I did
Spoiler
the teleport puzzle in the laboratory
and
Spoiler
got the rune box
, clicked every wall and every floor with every item from my inventory, and still no ZO rune. I have read that the rune is supposed to be
Spoiler
at the end of the fireball corridor
, but it is simply not there, or it is invisible and I lack the magic to see invisible things, or maybe
Spoiler
the fireball launchers are not the REAL end of the fireball corridor but I don't know how to make them go away
. C'mon, I did my homework!
Spoiler
I lit the lamp in the fireball corridor, found the hidden door and 1) killed the ant men, 2) didn't kill the ant men, 3) even lured them to take the fireballs instead of me and thus managed to escape with neither the ZO rune nor sufficient max health
, but the ZO rune itself is no-blasted-where to be found. Please do spoil this one for me, exhaustively!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

hi stlyput! Cause nobody answer me until 1 week, if i can help you that would be cool...
To find the zo rune, it's really easy as it's said in the scroll behind the blue guys...
Spoiler
front the door of the blue men, open it and close it (or a thing like that, just do what the scroll say...), then turn your party to the alcove, and surprise!
For me, i'm in the stair maze, what a incredible game!! And i'm still wondering if i can finish the game without the ew rune, because of the bug in the celar, the phantom has vanished...
see ya
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

cocoetnono wrote:Cause nobody answer me until 1 week,
I'd really like to help you, I've watched your desperate questions, I'm so sad that nobody answered - but I can't help you either because I've never managed to finish ToC myself. But: have you tried sending a Personal Message or even an e-mail (if it's known) to anyone who finished the game (read through the whole thread to find someone)?
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, I'm in the same boat! The thigns I have done have been ages ago, and the later stuff I haven't finished myself!
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I have played toc twice completed once. I have played and completed upside down. Both games are extremely challenging and toc is immense. Because of the size and complexity they are almost infinitely replayable. I do not remember offhand how to get the zo rune. When I was playing there were a few advanced players. IBK, Kid A PaulH something master?? They may help. adamski will return. He has another game almost ready. don't give up. There is plenty to solve.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Thank you for your support. This game is incredible, i'm in the stair maze, and i miss 2 ruby key, they are impossible to find! I have try every switch, vanish the enchantement, but 2 key still missing. I have solve every treasure room until the start of the game, and this one resist me!!! grrr..
please help...
waiting for a solution, i'm going to try the gem level...
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

You need to
Spoiler
closely examine the lowest stair levels on both sides of the stairwells. remember to pay attention to the window drapes.
You will never remember most of the puzzles if you replay the game. If you play the game again, it may feel very different than this attempt. Magnificent. The author is a fascinating person!! His foibles and phobias add to his genius!! fascinating!
angrimm
Neophyte

Post by angrimm »

hi mates,
i am not able to enter the thieves guild... i searched for everything but i cant open the door (i killed the thief at the door - thought he has the key)..
also, i cant enter the sewers.
any hints for me, please?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Try to pick the lock with something.
angrimm
Neophyte

Post by angrimm »

PaulH wrote:Try to pick the lock with something.
i tried the needle - doesnt work... i am artisan thief and have no lockpicks...
Spoiler
omg... the damn poison dart... i tried every key and a dagger before...
thx for the hint!!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Try a short bladed weapon ;-)
angrimm
Neophyte

Post by angrimm »

any idea why the doors to the sewers are still closed and why i cant go to the well of fortune?
i finished the thieves guild but i found no rune there... only 2 keys, clan key and the treasure chest

i have nothing againt non material beings. cant buy a vorpal blade (its un-buyable in the shop) and i dont have the ew rune... i have finished all guilds and hieronymus house now. is that normal?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

You get into the sewers once you have entered the tower. If you have all four clan keys you are on your way.

I believe the well area needs a certain key - some of the guilds contain them.
angrimm
Neophyte

Post by angrimm »

i have already finished all guilds and i have all 4 guild keys.
i got the solid key from thieves guild (easy going with 2 invisible potions)...
i search all areas now for more keys/runes again.
my first try (without saving) to enter the tower wasnt very well. i stucked in the cellar after i escaped from the wax cabinet (wtf?!)...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

It's not easy!
Spoiler
The vorpal blade is in the cellar
luthier63
Novice

Post by luthier63 »

sorry,
but your download are good, alas your games tower of champions and DUNGEON MASTER FOREVER don't running.
so long

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You are using RTC v0.49? You extraction programme kept the folder structure? You put the .rtc files in the modules folder? The files do not have 'read only' permissions'?
luthier63
Novice

Post by luthier63 »

thank's you a lot,

it's running now ( put in the modules folder)

the legend of beowuuf is alive

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

Hi everyone

I m pretty new to this, somehow i stumbled upon RTC when i was looking for new Dungeon Master like games

I downloaded most of the custom dungeons, and i think this is the best i came upon so far.

Its pretty tough at the beginning, and the dungeon seems huge so far and i m pretty sure i only scratched the surface.

I´ve made it through 3 guilds but now i m hopelessly stuck at the mage guild, and i hope that someone can plz help me or at least give me a hint.

There´s the pit with the screamers behind which i cant get past.

i blew up the boiler already, found the zo and ir rune ( and a tird one as well), but now i m stuck.

theres only the metal door with the lock which i cant open and the energy doors which i cant get past.

I read something about a rat room (rat riddle) but to be honest i have no clue where that should be.
Has it to do with the wand that makes me see through walls? because i searched both lvls and couldnt find a rat.

Plz i would be glad for any help i can get

thx