[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Ahh, a lo spell didn't work which was probably what fooled me.
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I used the Christmas time to start again with ver1.2 and now managed to kill the gargoyle.
The battle actually was not that hard, I just emptied my Mana supply in the form of FUL IR spells right into it's face... it died quickly. I noticed Goro becomes a valuable wizard quickly. By just doing the ogre village and the amber tower, he evolved from neophyte to LO master.
In the room beneath the gargoyle there's another door with an amber golem behind it, which I was not able to open. Is there anything else to do in the tower? I read about a meditation point in the tower, but did not find one.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

This game, dungeon, story is blowing me away. The melodies, thought, affection, beauty, I can feel the love in it. I can hear it while I rest. It has penetrated my thoughts. It has a mental feel that touches my spirit. Love is in this dungeon.
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Hi Leslie. If I remember correctly, in the amber tower there is a message saying
Spoiler
investigate the painless pit
or something similar. That's something you'd still have to do.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I have explored further :)
Found the meditation circle in the Amber tower (thanks Igor Poulpupov :) ), cured the son of Helga and visited the Fairy village.
I am not sure if there's anything to do inside the village beside picking up the bow and the wand. It seems that the houses of the village cannot be entered...?
Now I am in the big tree.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Leslie,
you'll visit the fairy village later to collect something you'll need. The clearing with the fairy houses is a secret area whose reward are the two items you found.

Chaos,
what a poetic comment! :)
I'm really happy you can feel these emotions playing UD
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Oh yes, Adamski. This is what I knew RTC had potential for and you brought it to life. Today I finally have all day to play it. Gingerbread house, candyland is where I am now, didn't like that rusting attack!!!! so I get a chance to replay it and hopefully keep my weapons. I feel like this game is going to last forever. There are a million questions about it, superb effort man.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Before leaving the gingerbread house dream, I think candyland, there is a table with a chessboard on it and a book that looks mighty important, is it important? What about Mr Quilp, he does not seem important. Don't want to leave this dream yet.
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos, the only important things are
Spoiler
finding five star coins to leave the dream and one more to play the "game of 15" later (this is optional)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Great, that's what I did. but now I am wondering what is the best things to choose in the game of 15,
Spoiler
treasure, experience, food, I think I may have seen a key. I am only worried if there is a key missed
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Hi Chaos. No key nor mandatory item there (as Adamski said, it's an optional area).
There is an advised choice that was given to you in the form of numbers I think.
Spoiler
That's the choice that provides you the highest number of dragons to cast I think. I didn't use the dragon ring at all, so I regret not picking the xp reward instead...
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I looked at those numbers, tested it all. My best choice was
Spoiler
2,4,1,8 and avoided the experience because it did not change a stat view. If it had of shown a value I might have taken the experience
I avoided death :twisted:

I have extra horn, not sure what to do with it. The gingerbread cellar is where I am stuck trying to get a book, the doors close behind me when stepping on a pad.

Dream Palace, after getting into the
Spoiler
music room door, I need a song to play, I tried the music box notes, no luck. Where is the sad song?
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos,
Spoiler
Let someone else do your "chores" in the cellar.

The sad song is exactly what you think it is.
You need 12 notes.
Here is the same clue I gave Igor Poulpupov:

The numbers are the pads. 0 is next to the door.

..5 4 3..
..7 0 1..

You must start from 2
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Not had much time to play it, but enjoying it, great work!

I can't figure out how to get one of the RA keys in the old tree - it's the one with a pressure plate that fires rocks at the stacks of pots.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Hi PaulH,

Thank you :)

The best best way is walking backwards and clicking on the wobbly pot piles in front of you before they collapse.

Are you playing the 1.2?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am indeed, V1.2. I can't see how to catch them though! I click on them and they still fall over.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I've sorted it, was clicking in the wrong area lol
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:14 pm Chaos,
Spoiler
Let someone else do your "chores" in the cellar.

The sad song is exactly what you think it is.
You need 12 notes.
Here is the same clue I gave Igor Poulpupov:

The numbers are the pads. 0 is next to the door.

..5 4 3..
..7 0 1..

You must start from 2
Yes,
Spoiler
I did just that, I labeled it differently, but my numbers were far right first where you had 2 I placed a 1 and my song went like this - 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 8 - 4, 5, 6, 4, 3, 3 as in tone with the song, no luck though. I messed up something, there is only one octave.
I did figure out the sweep riddle, it was the scroll hint and the mess on the floor ;)

Next place I think is the Sivis dungeon for that special travel spell.
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Chaos:
Spoiler
I don't remember the exact sequence so I might be wrong, but your ending for both the first and the second parts look weird to me. The last note of the first part (8 according to you) should be the lowest in the sequence (thus a 7, pretty sure about this) and the ending of your second part seems too high.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thanks Igor, I will try it out when I get back to the Palace, right now I am in the shrine, couldn't get anywhere in the Sivis dungeon, those skeleton archers are mean.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I must be tone deaf

I never was a good piano player, I tried this
Spoiler
2,3,4,1,0,0 - 5,6,7,5,4,4
It sounds right :?
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos, if you use this virtual piano

www.apronus.com/music/flashpiano.htm

the right sequence is:
Spoiler
E3 F3 G3 D3 C3 C3 A3 B3 C4 F3 E3 E3

but also

E4 F5 G4 D4 C4 C4 A4 B4 C5 F4 E4 E4
I'm not a musician, however I created Naneel's melody and the riddle with the same musical notes.

However it cannot be excluded I'm wrong :roll:
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thanks, last 2 notes I was doing was incorrect.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I'm at the rainbow mines, in the large room needing a solid key for each door. "Find only one of them so I had to try 1 at a time." In the door arachnophobia
Spoiler
spiders shoot a web that either can't get out of or indestructible and can't pass
and it appears permanent. Are you really that cruel Adamski? :twisted:
At the control room, a scroll reads gems, but I think it suppose to say crystals, tried some gems but just a blue crystal worked.

What door is best to open and where is the other solid keys? There are two cogwheels that can't be found.

Those spiders are deadly :shock: :o 8)
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos, the spider webs can be destroyed. When you are trapped, try to hit them in every direction.
At the control room, a scroll reads gems
You are right, it's an error. The scroll means "crystals". The other error I want to correct is the word "raimbow" instead of "rainbow". This mistake is automatic for an italian speaker.
Spoiler
I suggest you open the door "The lost world" first because there is a fountain.
Be careful with the solid keys: they can be used more than once in each keyhole (fixed in ver 1.2)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi Adamski

I figured out why I didn't know what to do when I went back outside and ran into the merchant who then told me what I needed to do.

I can tell you that the spider web can usually be destroyed, but there were several times I got hit and they could not be destroyed unless you're beside a wall. Fireballs would go right through them, weapons don't work. I tried for at least several minutes on them each time it happened. The only other way was to wait for another monster to get close enough that the fireball would destroy it too. I saved a lot to clear the
Spoiler
arachnophobia area.
I finished the
Spoiler
lost world
, was easier compared to some others.

*Stuck at
Spoiler
grate B button and door
I just can't move fast enough to get to that door, I tried for a very long time to much frustration. :x :roll: :?:

Can't find anymore solid keys. I have opened
Spoiler
the lost world, arachnophobia, crystal caves
that is a total of 3 solid keys so far. Had a similar problem with another gate which I mentioned it took like around 150 tries, mind you I replay them so if it is hooked up to a counter then that is why I can't do it, is it?

A real tough area this Rainbow Mines.

I'll be around the computer today so hopefully you can lend me a hand, need more solid keys. Can those mining carts be moved, what about the rock piles can they be destroyed How do I
Spoiler
freeze the colours?
there are a few spots that I can't figure out still.
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos,
Never happened that a spider web was indestructible. I can't explain it :roll:
The mining carts can be moved if pushed/pulled from the front or from behind.
The rock piles cannot be destroyed.
Grate B: you can get it in time only if
Spoiler
the corridor is entirely opened.
You'll understand later. Don't waste time with this riddle for now.
"Freeze the colours" is the key to make progress.
Spoiler
It means "from rock to crystal".
You must explore the paths in the correct order (1, 2 and 3). The path 2 can't be completed if you don't complete the path 1
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski,

I'll go back to an old save and save it while stuck in a web. It might be due to the fact that I am only using 2 characters, they are in the front row, I may need to put them in the back row in order to hit the web, not sure but I can assure you that the party can't escape it. It is probably the reason.

Finished grate B,
Spoiler
I did not open the entire corridor, just the last 3. Used a rainbow rock for the others
Think I figured out the freeze colours, but now am completely trapped where it says
Spoiler
get rid of your bother before it is too late
There seems to be no way out. I have a solid key and one rainbow rock, the pits lead to a trap. Yelling for help!
Spoiler
I do not have a purple gem in the alcove to close the pits, I used ice spell to keep path 1 open and stole the rainbow rock from there, then I sneaked through the door where all the pits are and a big monster\ogre was by using the ice spell again, not sure I am suppose to be able to do that. I can't remember how I stole the purple crystal from the freeze colour alcove. I have found krull, judgement and rainbow staff and a dragon egg
Need some help here :?
keep your gor coin handy
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi adamski

happy new new, i finally back to Underworld dream. I actually stuck in the raindow mines.
Spoiler
I found the onyx key, and open the magnet. but how can i get some color crystal to open the door ?
i saw, i need to find pipe to open the door "convert stone to crystal", but where ?
Can i have some glue about the alove where "pyro" written ? I tried to put full bomb but the grate not open.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

jahmiann wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:55 pm Hi adamski

happy new new, i finally back to Underworld dream. I actually stuck in the raindow mines.
Spoiler
I found the onyx key, and open the magnet. but how can i get some color crystal to open the door ?
i saw, i need to find pipe to open the door "convert stone to crystal", but where ?
Can i have some glue about the alove where "pyro" written ? I tried to put full bomb but the grate not open.
Hi Jahmiann.
Spoiler
talk to the merchant outside the rainbow mines, he sort of explains what needs to be done, you'll need a part for the stone to crystal door. You'll need a crystal to start. I have no idea where the pyro is
keep your gor coin handy