[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
jahmiann
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by jahmiann »

thx chaos-shaman.

The problem is i started rainbow 1 month ago, and don't play since this date. I don't remeber what the merchant said. I don't think there is a way to replay his speech. I just check if he is sell a crystal but apparently not ... Where can i find the first crystal (maybe an organe crystal for the path 1 ?)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I think he retains his speech.
Spoiler
He will mention how all the crystals were mined and that they used rainbow rock that is converted from rock to crystal and back. He tells a story that Mr Quilp lives there
This is a real tough part at least for me it still is.
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Hi jahmiann,
To open the door
Spoiler
"from rock to crystal" you need an item you'll find at the end of the path number 1
Spoiler
The alcove PYRO is similar to the riddle VIGOR in ToC :wink:
Chaos,
how did you manage to pass the 5 pits without putting
Spoiler
a purple crystal in the alcove?
:?: :?: :?: That's incredible! :o :o :o You are trapped for 2 reasons: the pits are open and you cannot go back (they MUST be closed) and the room where you fall is a dead end (it's my mistake, must fix it).
I used ice spell to keep path 1 open and stole the rainbow rock from there
There is no reason to stole a raibow rock from path 1. Did you finish that path?
then I sneaked through the door where all the pits are and a big monster\ogre was by using the ice spell again
Help me understand, what door do you mean?

The spider web is another weird situation. You manage to do things that are really really crazy :mrgreen:
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Leave it to me, I'll bust it :? :lol:

I must say, you really are amazing at what you did in this dungeon. I hope that you'll explain some of it.
Spoiler
I used the purple crystal for the five pits, then I removed it and sneaked through the part where there is a ogre like dude and those fancy floor pads you use by using the ice seed spell to keep the door open, then forced my way through it. What am I suppose to do there, I used fear to get him in the door on the pad but it did nothing so I killed him.
I was able to use the ice spell on other doors to get through them. Replaying it right now where I just got the second onyx key. Probably will be asking a few more questions, so hope you're around.
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Ok, now I understand wath you did. There is a wall you opened in the second part of the path number 2, near the cannons, so you was able to reach the first part of the same path. You are trapped for the reason I told above and because you "stole" the rock from the alcove that keeps the door open (area of the cannons). The "cheat" you used is your main error. Using the ice spell to "cheat" in the rainbow mines is the cause of dead ends because you close the doors behind you permanently.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I need some help with finding
Spoiler
pyro
I want that spell scroll in there. I bet it is needed to be solved now. Help me Obwon Kanobi :mrgreen:
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Spoiler
PYRO, not pyro
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 pm
Spoiler
PYRO, not pyro
:o :lol:

It figures, I know what you mean now. It is 4 and that is the number I have :wink:

I may have cheated a little, but not really. I was thinking that maybe that is what I should do. Underworld Dreams is a complex and very strategic and skillfully crafted game, constantly testing which was putting me at wits end, so the impossible is tested because the task at hand seems difficult.
keep your gor coin handy
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi
- I found a previous savegame, and i replayed the merchant speech but nothing interresting that i don't know.
- I never played to ToC (Tower Of Champion), by the way i don't know the VIGOR riddle
- To summarize my problem "How to get the first orange crystal ?" this is the starter for the rainbow mines
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

jahmiann, you don't need any orange crystal to start. You have the rainbow rocks (assuming you know how get them)
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

i am not mc gyver ....

How get rainbow rocks, with 1 lantern, 1 gear, 1 rope, 1 rock and 3 pickaxes ?

i try use extract with pickaxe on crytal in the control room and on the magnet machine ....
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

jahmiann wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 pm i am not mc gyver ....

How get rainbow rocks, with 1 lantern, 1 gear, 1 rope, 1 rock and 3 pickaxes ?

i try use extract with pickaxe on crystal in the control room and on the magnet machine ....
Spoiler
you need to get the blue crystal with the first solid key that you find I think that is in the mechanics room. With that blue crystal you need to change it into a rainbow rock and that is after finding a part to get the rock to crystal door opened. You'll have to do this many times. You will use both rainbow rock and crystals to solve the puzzles
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski,

I am looking for the second
Spoiler
vacuum fuse for the lift, where should I look. I could cheat and steal the one crystal from path 1 but I'd rather find the fuse for the lift
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos, I still don't understand what is the crystal you want to steal from the path 1. Once finished the path 1, there shouldn't be any crystal in that section.
The vacuum fuse is in the cave called
Spoiler
"tricks and traps". I saw the Judgement hammer in you inventory, so you cheated with an ice wall to get that hammer. The lift is connected whit that riddle, thus you don't have to activate the lift anymore.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hello Adamski :)

Great Dungeon man. One can only wish there will be more of them in the future.

Didn't play much this weekend even though I want to spend every minute of the day with it, had to party with my sister and brother for their birthdays and mine own, and today my own family is coming over for a roast beef dinner.
Spoiler
I will play that Tricks and Traps puzzle this morning. I will admit I again stole the gem from path one and got the solid key without getting trapped this time.
This dungeon haunts me even at rest, reminds me of when I first played DM, packed with excitement.Thank you so much Adamski, this has been a awesome gift this winter.
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I can't find the last lantern! I have completed the puzzle with multiple doors, found the gold key and another lantern, but don't know where to go from here? I have 3 lanterns in total.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Sorted,. the tree top - I really should start taking notes!
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

PaulH, be careful in the tree top: explore as much as possible and listen to Snorri before doing rash actions.

Chaos, whenever you write you stole a gem, I wonder what kind of strategy you are using to complete the mines... :roll:
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Currently I am exploring the sleepy hollow.
When entering for the first time, I got rushed by a Harpy, which I fireballed to death. There's also a sleeping ogre.
Since there're two pads in there, I guess both have to be supplied with sleeping monsters, so I would have needed the harpy, right?
Do I have to reload an older savegame, or is there another way to solve the hollow?
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

No problem Leslie:
Spoiler
go uptairs, pull the lever and summon as many harpies you want. Keep in mind there are two pits and you have the sleep spell.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Thx chaos for the explanation, but the big problem is
Spoiler
"i don't find any solid key", by the way i can't get he first crystal ....
I restarted the ranibow mine without find it ....
About the riddle PYRO
Spoiler
I read VIGOR riddle in the ToC topic, if well anderstand VIGOR is a VI potion + a GORe coin ....
But PYRO, there is no rune name starting by PY or RO, there is Ros but it's on 3rd position ....
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Maybe I am just tired, been playing all day.. ;-)

But I am stuck. I have got the Flute, but am out of ideas on what to do next. I have found the log but can't extract the key - similarly the thorny bushes and strong stream. Have tried a few things but am not getting far!
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Jahmiann, didn't you find any solid key, not even the one
Spoiler
on the table in the mechanical workshop?
PaulH, where you found the flute there is what will allow you to make progress. Check all the books you have.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

jahmiann wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 pm
About the riddle PYRO
Spoiler
I read VIGOR riddle in the ToC topic, if well anderstand VIGOR is a VI potion + a GORe coin ....
But PYRO, there is no rune name starting by PY or RO, there is Ros but it's on 3rd position ....
Is it really a riddle, or is it just a, ...pyro?
That pyro item known from DM2...
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

This is one tough dungeon game!

Adamski, I know I am missing some stuff here, like how to
Spoiler
put out those flames with water, as the scroll says...where is the water? I used flasks and bota and iceseed with no luck
I can run through some fire, but not two or three in a row. How in the world do I get past those. Finished Tricks and Traps and got the item but no other solid key to be found. That was a difficult place to figure out but as you said from the very beginning, try everything which you know I have been doing because I did find some interesting solutions :wink: , help me with the flames Adamski, you're my only hope.

Leslie, there is
Spoiler
a pyro rock in there, not sure where it goes or what it does, but in this case it is PYRO, so obvious it becomes not so obvious.
There are so many other parts of this dungeon that are not complete, hell I can't even remember the places. Take notes, pause it and write it down.
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Jahmiann,

both riddles are similar. Those words must be read like this:
Spoiler
VI GOR and P Y R O. Who plays ToC knows what VI GOR refers to, and who is exploring the Rainbow Mines in UD will understand what P Y R O means.
Chaos,
Spoiler
how many rocks do you have when you enter the section with the flames? At that point you should have an unused rock with you. If not, you're not ready for the path 3.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski,
Spoiler
I have 5, 4 crystals and 1 rainbow rock
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Wicked and twisted at Sivis, couldn't ask for more entertainment! Stuck at
Spoiler
Wh-----ol, know what it says, but how do I use it?
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Did you find that spell?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I did not find that spell.
Spoiler
I found the fire column, and there was the Mr Quilps security room I didn't get into. I have a fuse and a gear still
and wasn't sure what to do with them. Is that spell back at the rainbow mines?
keep your gor coin handy