cease-fire proposal

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Thomas Korte

cease-fire proposal

Post by +Thomas Korte »

OK, This is the way I see it:
There seem to be just a handful of people who re- gularly post on this board and who are actually researching the game´s depth. Somebody should invite Wayne Holder to the chat-room for an interview and to visit the board so we can drown him in questions.
I think he´d like the page.
He could also bequest a few secrets on us dm-addicts (rabbit´s paw and such...) and make it clear what he allows in terms of dmute and what not...
A DM-Kaffeekränzchen of sorts...
Say next Sunday afternoon at 4.
Comments please...
TK
+Paul

Post by +Paul »

If he ever did agree to join I would have about 1000 questions about DM.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

where's wayne..

Post by cowsmanaut »

Well, you see I sent him and email a week back asking him some questions regarding DM and DM2. Prticularly in the technical area.
I asked about the altering of dungeons and character pictures. As well, as some problems with running it on newer systems.
I have yet to hear back from him.
My impression is either he does not visit that site anymore.. or he gets flooded with questions about dungeon master and just deletes anything that has that name in it.
Either way.. your chances of getting him here soon may not be very good. If you can though I would be very interested in seeing what he has to say.
Daniel Gustafsson
Apprentice

Post by Daniel Gustafsson »

I have tried to mail Wayne Holder many times, but have never got an answer. I though have had some email contact with Silvia Esposito at Software Heaven/FTL Games last year.
/Daniel
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Don't forget that most of us playing DM are probably using pirated/illegal copies of the software, and that's probably the main reason that Wayne doesn't want anything to do with queries. After all, he's hardly likely to be happy about any of us asking him questions about 14 year old software that we haven't bought. Would you?
I'm personally disappointed that I've had to resort to cracked versions of Amiga DM & CSB that I found, as I have the originals but even after I went through the whole palaver of getting the ADFs from my old Amiga, the games didn't work. Captive is the same - I have a legal version but can't ADF it as it's so well protected. Until someone programs a non-Amiga DOS ADF creator, I and many other old Amiga enthusiasts won't be able to use our legally purchased software on the emulators. Shame.