How many people are playing DM/CSB/DM2:LoS on an A

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zelmo

How many people are playing DM/CSB/DM2:LoS on an A

Post by Zelmo »

I still haven't gotten my Sound Blaster Live working with DM2 in DOS mode, and seeing that the Amiga platform has all three DM games available to it, I downloaded the emulator and all the game files. Haven't installed anything yet (been too busy), but I wanted to know how people's experiences have been with the games on an Amiga emulator. Is the gameplay slow or choppy at all? Are the colors right? How is the sound quality? (Those midi files from DM2 sound AWESOME with a SBLive in Windows! Is it that good in the emulator?)
Daniel Gustafsson
Apprentice

Re: How many people are playing DM/CSB/DM2:LoS on

Post by Daniel Gustafsson »

If everything is set up correctly, you will enjoy the games on an Amiga emulator just fine as if you played them in DOS. You also get stereo sound in the Amiga versions.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: How many people are playing DM/CSB/DM2:LoS on

Post by Gambit37 »

The MIDI files from PC DM2 certainly do sound great with an SB Live! However, try listening to them through an old General Midi sound card - plinky plonky, really bad.

The Amiga versions are better than the plinky plonky MIDIs as they are MOD files - however, they're nowhere near as good as the MIDIs played through an SB Live.
FoxBat

DM2 midis?

Post by FoxBat »

I've extracted them in HMP format, but haven't found a converter anywhere... are they avaliable in Midi format somewhere?

Unless you mean you are somehow getting the DOS game to play SBLive's wavetable set? How would you do that? Right now I'm stuck with some emulated plinky-plonky sounds, no General Midi option in setup.

One cute thing I noticed... the music for the "Big Bad Yummy Steak Beasts" area, is largely ripped from the Bydlo movement of Pictures at an Exhibition. (Great source though so I'm not complaining ;) )
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: DM2 midis?

Post by ChristopheF »

The music converted to MIDI is available in this topic
FoxBat

Re: DM2 midis?

Post by FoxBat »

Thanks ;)

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”